Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2006, 12:22 PM   #1
DCP
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1013
Send a message via AIM to DCP Send a message via MSN to DCP
Directv and national/local channels

Being a new Directv customer, I have been informed by Directv that I have to call them every time I move to a new zip code to receive CBS, NBC, ABC or Fox. (Local channels I assume). This seems crazy to me when I see a national CBSE (east) or CBSW (west) feed in my channel guide. I am not really interested in the locals just the nationals. Why can't I just go to them? What is everyone doing when they want to watch Lost or Survivor????

DCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 01:27 PM   #2
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
And they want to charge you for each time you make the switch? There has been a previous thread about this. You should be able to tell them that you want only the east/west coast feeds for the major networks. Keep trying, you just have not contacted the right person yet.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 02:45 PM   #3
SAndreasen
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1918
What it really all boils down to is advertising dollars both national and espeacially local. I'm a Direct TV customer and I can't currently get any local channels from my sat. connection because I have to get my local station's permission and they don't give it. So if I put my black box in my rv and bring along my extra sat. disk I can't get any local stations.
SAndreasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 04:04 PM   #4
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Dave, if you are a fulltimer, call Direct TV back and tell them you are a mobile unit and ask them to send you an affidavit to that effect. They can then provide you with the East Coast and West Coast network channels. You can also find this affidavitg on their website, but you'll have to look for it. I think there is a small additional charge, but it's worth it.
Pam
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:52 AM   #5
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We do as bob n pam said. I think the additional charge is about $4.50 each. We got both for $9.00 and can watch whichever one we want. Right now we are on the West Coast but if we are going to be busy at night we can watch Surviver at 5:00 from New York instead of 8:00 LA time. Works the other way too. If we miss the NY CBS nightly news we can catch the same show three hours later on the LA Channel.
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:38 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
There is always the Tv antenna for local channels wherever you are.There are times when Tv reception can be bad at out of the way campgrounds but if you are anywhere near a city of any size you can usually get the local channels and therefore the network feeds.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:27 AM   #7
Bill DeMeulle
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2740
We have had both the Eastern feed and our Western feed on all our directv receivers 2 at home and one on the Montana. They charge us $9.00 a month and we have both on all tv's. You do have to petition and tell them your mobile and they will grant it, but you don't have to call them each time you want to use it.
Bill DeMeulle is offline   Reply With Quote