Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2008, 04:20 PM   #1
Dmax07
Established Member

M.O.C. #7949
Full Timing Seasonal Clothing

When making the break to full timing how do most of you deal with seasonal clothing issues.
Carry everything you need
Store in a strategic location and return to swap clothes seasonally
Recycle old and buy new
Other options

Dmax07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:51 PM   #2
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
We try to stay in warm climates, thus the majority of our wardrobe is for warmer climes. We do, however, keep a few pieces of clothing for cool/cold climates. We keep the cold weather clothing below the bed.

Now, I have two drawers and 1/3 of the forward closet and zero of the bedside closet - you do the math...

Also, we have two fold-to-nothing suitcases and also one outfit, each, for formal wear. This way, we can attend a funeral, wedding, or church service (as in the Tabernachle Choir) etc. on a moment's notice if need be.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:03 PM   #3
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
I don't have a pair of long pants!! You die or get married I guess I will go to Wally World. DW on other hand has one of everything. g
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:09 PM   #4
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We keep a suitcase in the basement for emergencies and seasonal clothes are in it. We don't need a lot of winter clothes because we do not intend to be cold. We learned our lesson this year and will not repeat it.
Happy trails..............................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:11 AM   #5
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
We each have one set of "decent" clothes for weddings, funerals, etc. We each kept a winter jacket "just in case". Everything else is shorts and shirts as we also stay in warmer climates year round.
gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:54 AM   #6
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
We winter at a home base in Texas. I built at shed near our concrete parking pad. We store some winter clothing in some suitcases too large to carry and a couple of these cardboard moving and storage wardrobes. Since we don't travel much in winter, we have access to the shed.

When we launch for the summer tour further north, we carry one very light windbreaker jacket and one heavier jacket each. Dianna carries a couple of light weight longjohns and two sweaters. Everything else is jeans, shorts, and shirts.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:17 AM   #7
jretz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6321
Levis, I've been there T-shirts, and a coat, what more is needed. If it gets to cold for these move further south. We keep pants in the amour and ****s and coats in the closet. Carolyn is finally getting use to it, she went from 3 double closets in the stick house to 3/4 of the closet in the Montana.
jretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:41 AM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Our off-season clothes are under the bed. I took out the plywood under the bed, cut it in half (2x2 sections), put a handle on each section and we now have two levels of storage under the bed (thanks Ozz for that tip).
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:16 AM   #9
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
All they years living in far northern Wisconsin the question was asked of us many times "What do we bring when visiting northern Wisconsin." The response was " bring 3 suits, swim suit, rain suit, snowmobile suit". That about covered it for every season up there. Since being on the road we dropped the snow suit in favor of one medium jacket and a sweat shirt. We still drag the rain suits around and mostly shorts and jeans, and tee-shirts. As far as formal wear we try to avoid "Formal" I have one dress shirt for funerals and the wife has a couple dresses for that. Other than that we just carry jeans, shorts and tee-shirts, flip-flops, and tennis shoes.
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:43 AM   #10
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
The layered look is always good. Even in the warmer climates, you can get cold at night or around the campfire. The main criteria is CASUAL and what is comfortable.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:14 PM   #11
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I have no formal wear, no ties, no suits. One blazer if I need it, two pairs of Docker khakis, the rest is jeans, shorts, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and a couple of jackets to cover most weather conditions. As stated earlier, if we need something heavy, we made a wrong turn somewhere and will do an immediate 180. DW has even less than me, if she needs something heavy, she told me to make a wrong turn, and we do the 180 thing.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:50 PM   #12
Redrover98
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3433
Our winter wardrobe consists of shorts and tee shirts. We volunteer in the Keys from Oct til March. The state furnishes the shirts with the park logo. We do keep a "hoodie" for that cold snap when it gets down in the 50's. When we leave here we put the work clothes in our storage room and replace them with a couple of heavier jackets and some jeans. Of course we keep our dress up shorts.
Redrover98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:20 AM   #13
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I did keep my nicest suit from my working days. I kept it onboard for weddings and funerals. However, over time it has shrunk and needs to be replaced. Vicki and I talked about this just the other day. Our decision is to give the suit to Goodwill or other charity. I have one pair of nice slacks and a dress shirt and tie onboard. Next time we need to attend a wedding or funeral I'll buy a sports coat / blazer. Other than that, everything I have is casual. This is no different than if we were still living in our stick home.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:25 AM   #14
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Our winter clothing is kept in Bellaire, MI in storage near our summer CG and where most of our family is. We get it out when we come back to visit in the dead of winter like we are now, and also in the spring and fall when we are here in N. MI
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:03 PM   #15
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I have not carried anything other than light weight clothes and wind breakers. I'll throw a nice shirt and tie to wear with nice slacks for that special occasion. Coats are really not necessary for funerals and wedding, unless you are in the wedding party. Even pallbearers sometimes wear casual. Depends on what the families wishes are.

By the way - Don't ever hang your suits, and other clothes, in a dark closet. It makes them shrink!
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:30 AM   #16
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
Since we still work fulltime while fulltiming we use our enclosed garage and store our seasonal clothes in totes.

Waynem: Bye the way - oh so true.........LOL
Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote