Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2004, 05:12 PM   #1
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Crack !!!!

New 2980RL 2004 owners check to see you dont have this.

Well I washed my trailer and then did the thing we all dont want to do, "WAX THE RIG" Everything was going fine untill I got to the kitchen slide area, when I noticed a crack in the surface of the trailer above the slide it goes from the top of the opening in a straght line to the roof or gutter where the rubber roof starts. if you hold a plumb bob at the roofline crack it will be about 3/4 of a foot behind the rear wheel. I always say you dont realy see your vehicle untill you wax it. and was I right. I'll be sending a letter to my dealer so they can contact Keystone and solve the problem. I guess a few pictures with measurments will help to see if it gets bigger. well that is it for me tonight the wax job realy waisted me I still have the drivers side surface to do tomorrow.
By for now

Well I called Keyston today and talked to Anna and she took all the info mentioned above including the jig saw opps by the front room slide window on top at a corner she said that could be a potential leak in the future and made note on my file. was told to tell my dealer that it was reported and for them to get in contact with Keystone for their blessings for the work, so far so good, I hope that it goes this smooth the rest of the process, I know it can be fixed but the main consern was my Gel Coat Finish being breached. she said that it will be no problem to match. Sure hope so thats my update I'll keep you up to date on the dealers responce..

Don & Georgia
FORD F-350 Turbo Diesel
Banks Sys,Prodigy,
Pullin 2004 / 2980-RL

Edited by - Trailer Trash 2 on 03/15/2004 10:20:28 PM