Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 01-09-2010, 04:44 AM   #1
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
Maine camping Ideas

Hi all, God willing this Aug/Sept we will be going to Me. again. Last year we did from Belfast to Bar Harbor. We will be doing that again. I'm sure there's more to see and do there. My question is, after that where should we go? What should we not miss? Should we continue north along the coast or go inland? For that matter where should we not try to go?
One place we have been looking at is north to St. Andrews area.

Thanks in advance for your time,

Kevin

swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:20 AM   #2
Chip
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6338
In September go inland. It's fall foliage time. It peaks up north about the third or fourth week of September. Maybe go up to Moosehead Lake region then down Route 2 toward New Hampshire.

If it is a good color year you will never forget it.

Drew

2012 Big Sky 3400, now an SOB 5th wheel
2007 Montana 3075 previously
2015 GMC 3500 Dually
Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:28 AM   #3
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Kevin,
Just FYI, click on our blog link below in my sig. Pick the Maritimes link to see our travels along ME coast going north, and inland coming south.
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:07 AM   #4
gojodo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5540
We just returned from a trip up through Maine into the Povidences and then back through Jackman, Me south of Quebec. Our favorate places include Camden, Me - a great quaint port town, where you can stay at the State Park right out of town. Then North of Bar Harbor is Eastport (near St. Andrews) or just South of that is Lubec, ME. I don't know where to stay in Lubec but we had a nice place in Eastport. When in Lubec which is a short round about drive from Eastport you can go over to Campobello Island (FDR's summer home) which is also in Canada, so take your passport. On Campobello go out to the lighthouse, we went and sat on the hill, watching three different species of whales passing by or fluking (is that a work?). This is really a great spot. Be careful if you use a cell phone or air card for your internet because you are on the Canadian border and may be roaming picking up the Canada signal which can be very expensive. I got stuck for a $400 roaming charge.
gojodo is offline   Reply With Quote