Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2004, 04:51 PM   #1
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
Washer/Dryer in Montana 5th Wheel

I would like some input on having a washer/dryer.

Kenmore White-on-white 24 in. Electric Space Saver Laundry Center at sears.com

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...id=02688752000

Nelly

Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 05:35 AM   #2
Montana_1746

M.O.C. #1746
I am looking to get a 3400. I thought you had to install a combo washer dryer unit in it. How does a stackable fit without modification to the closet?
Montana_1746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 12:16 AM   #3
Montana_440
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #440
We had the Sears stackables( separate W&D ) in a previous 5th wheel.The Montana has the Spendide, all in one unit.I'd give an arm & whatever it took...to have the stack unit back.There's no comparsion & if we were still full timers,I'd break down & have the Spendide tossed out & replace with any stack unit of any brand.The Sears was towed all over the country for 7yrs & never missed a beat.Spendide does work...washing a tiny load & it dries an even smaller load & it runs,runs,runs & runs. Did I mention it runs forever???
Montana_440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 01:17 AM   #4
Montana_1752
Established Member

M.O.C. #1752
We've ordered the all-in-one washer/dryer unit to go in our 2004 3685FL. After reading some of these postings, however, I'm wondering if that is a good decision. It seems like many prefer the stackable. Will a stackable unit fit in our Montana? I'm very curious about this because it isn't too late for us to change our order. We haven't taken delivery of the Montana yet.
Thanks for your input.
Montana_1752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 04:13 AM   #5
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Janette

We've ordered the all-in-one washer/dryer unit to go in our 2004 3685FL. After reading some of these postings, however, I'm wondering if that is a good decision. It seems like many prefer the stackable. Will a stackable unit fit in our Montana? I'm very curious about this because it isn't too late for us to change our order. We haven't taken delivery of the Montana yet.
Thanks for your input.
We don't have the stackable and just love our all-in-one. Works for what we need and since they are so small you really aren't expecting to wash a king sized comforter in it anyway. I like the extra space in the closet to put towels and such above the unit and store the detergent and stuff.
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 07:25 AM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Janette, it depends on how much space there is where it would be located. I don't think the front living room models have space for a stack but I might be wrong. Your dealer should be able to tell you for sure.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 09:47 AM   #7
Montana_1235
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1235
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Janette

Thanks for your input.
Janette, The only one I could find that would fit is the Splendide 2000S. BillyRay did a post earlier this year about it as well. That it is the only unit that will fit due to the lack of depth needed to install it properly. You don’t have room to install stackable units. I'll also tell you that you'll need to secure it in that closet. Read my post (Washer / Dryer in a 3685FL), I've gone into detail how I secured it to keep it from bouncing and sliding around.
Hope this helps

Bill
Montana_1235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 05:53 PM   #8
jimnkaran
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #43
Designs, you cannot install one in the 3400 without modifying the closet. I know for a fact as we have put a stack set from sears in ours. Love it.
jimnkaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 07:07 PM   #9
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
What about the wiring for the dryer in the stackables? The unit we saw at Sears has 220 and the plug in the washer dryer prep is 110. Or is there a special stack unit for RV's?
Myrna
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 04:05 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Our dryer is 110. Sears should have a 110 option or else a different dryer with 110. It's not special for RV's, at least not our non-Sears brand. 110 will dry a bit slower than 220 but it's also the only option for an RV. Hope this helps.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 10:25 PM   #11
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
We have the stackable Majestic washer and dryer. Both are front loaders so the washer uses much less water than a top loader. We are very happy with our units and they fit perfectly in our 3295RK.

When we saw Jeff Rank at the Detroit RV show this past show at Ford Field he said they designed the new floor plans with the front closet with the louvered doors for the Majestic stack-ables. That's why there are two outlets in there. He did say you just remove that shelf in the back. He made it sound like it wasn't a big deal or hard.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 06:59 PM   #12
Montana_1683
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1683
My dealer reccommended getting the apartment size washer & dryer from Sears. He said the all in one unit doesn't work that well. His experience with customers buying the all in one unit is that the clothes come out knotted and really wrinkled. It also takes a long time to get the clothes dry as a result of the clothes being knotted. Haven't bought either yet and will probably be awhile until we decide to go full time rving.

Gary
Montana_1683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 10:49 AM   #13
Montana_1845
Established Member

M.O.C. #1845
We have the Splendide 2000 from Camping World and have no problems with it....it fit perfectly in the coat closet...and I use it daily, of course you do get a "sorta massage" on the spin cycle....Hehehe
Montana_1845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 10:55 AM   #14
Montana_1845
Established Member

M.O.C. #1845
Hmmm I forgot to say it is the washer/dryer combo, which I prefer...that way I don't have to be there to put them in the dryer once the wash cycle ends....
Montana_1845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 04:20 AM   #15
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
You can feel the trailer move on the spin cycle? We have the Haier all in one and you wouldn't even know we have it in the trailer, it's so quiet and nothing moves. We use a king pin stabilizer though too.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by vv_WundrWmn_vv

We have the Splendide 2000 from Camping World and have no problems with it....it fit perfectly in the coat closet...and I use it daily, of course you do get a "sorta massage" on the spin cycle....Hehehe
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 04:52 AM   #16
Montana_685
Established Member

M.O.C. #685
[quote]Originally posted by Melissa and Mike S

You can feel the trailer move on the spin cycle? We have the Haier all in one and you wouldn't even know we have it in the trailer, it's so quiet and nothing moves. We use a king pin stabilizer though too.

You certainly can feel it on the spin cycle, if you know a secret as to how to stabilize this rig, its 36' I sure would appreciate knowing....
Montana_685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 07:50 AM   #17
Montana_1235
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1235
[quote]quote:Originally posted by WundrWmn

Quote:
Originally posted by Melissa and Mike S

You certainly can feel it on the spin cycle, if you know a secret as to how to stabilize this rig, its 36' I sure would appreciate knowing....
Wundrwmn, We have the same W/D as you and can tell when its on the spin cycle too. The 3685FL has the bedroom in the rear of the camper and that's where the W/D is located. Even though it is sitting on the rear stablizers we still get the vibration. It's not bad but you can tell the unit is running.

What I didn't know was that you can use the A/C at the same time the W/D is running. We just got back from 2 weeks at Myrtle Beach. I decided to try to use both 4 days before we left to come home. That's when I found out it didn't kick the circuit breaker. We could have been using it all the while we had the A/C running but the first week I turned the A/C off. Should have tried it first instead of near the end of the trip! Live and learn......

Bill
Montana_1235 is offline   Reply With Quote