Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2007, 02:37 PM   #1
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Ostentatious

As a consumer of big trucks, how many out there would consider a Navigator Super Duty - or 1-ton Cadillac Escalade. Maybe even a Chrysler 2500 series pickup.

I'm not sure if I would jump at one or not, but kind of wish I could if I wanted to - especially everytime I see one of those black Lincoln Navigator F150s going down the road.

I know not everybody out there is driving the chromeless/carpetless work truck. There are some pretty fancy rigs. Remember the "Centurion"?

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:13 PM   #2
daneboy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4854
Brad,
That's way too fancy for me, it's still a truck. Consider what the price would be as well.
Happy Thanks Giving,
Jerry
daneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:39 PM   #3
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
It would still be an overpriced pickup with Lincoln/Cadillac stickers on the vehicle. I drove a cadillac for 2 years and I still couldn't tell why it cost so much more than other vehicles. In the 1980's & 1990's Cadillacs and Lincolns had more gadgets and whistles than the average vehicle. I no longer think they are different. All vehicles have some little niche gadget and are made of tin/plastic.
C.B.F. Cheaper. Better. Faster. The new all american way!
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 04:45 PM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Kinda hard to fancy up much more than a King Ranch. Saddle leather seats, power towing mirrors, dual A/C, power rear window, programed seat settings, heated seats and outside mirrors, adjustible peddles, satellite radio, Ipod connection, CD/DVD changer, step tailgate, power sun roof, four 12-volt power sockets, and more. All Lincoln has to offer is a paint job and an emblem?
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 05:33 PM   #5
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
Stiles is right. Our Silverado has the LT3 trim package with every bell offered and we still have rubber mats instead of the carpet because after all, we're campers!!!
Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 06:52 PM   #6
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Aren't these all the same words we muttered when GM introduced the Escalade? I know I did....I wondered who in thier right mind would pay $10-20K more for a Blazer with a Caddy hood ornament and a wood grain steering wheel? Yet... they are HUGE on the market. So popular that they expanded into the Avalanche and Suburban.

I know I eyeball the King Ranch whenever I see one. Wonder how I would react if they raised the bar to a Navigator Super Duty with... oh maybe.....ride height and stiffness selectable from the steering wheel, voice command navigation - radio - environmental controls, wireless rear view camera interface, etc, etc.

Would there be a market? Would I take the bite? hmmmm - speaking of bite, almost time to put in the Turkey and pour a bloody mary . Happy Thanksgiving

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:35 PM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Park manager has a Black Lincoln and he calls it his Dressed Up F150. If it was up to him it would be a Ford F150 but sometimes you just get overruled. His feeling is it's just to darn many extra $$$$ for an overdressed F150.
My sentiments as well. Kinda like a Big Sky VS a Montana but let's not rehash that again.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 01:03 AM   #8
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
We have a living room already! Don't need one with wheels and shiny paint and wheels.
A Chevrolet, Ford or Dodge will do just fine for me.
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 02:07 AM   #9
levietta
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7537
People take a beating on the initial depreciation, but on the other end (sometimes) you get a better trade when it is time. I wonder what kind of loss (%) you take when you drive one of the escalades off the lot, and whether they are worse on the other end.
levietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 02:30 AM   #10
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
There are folks out there that are going to be what ever that word "ostentatious" means because they can--what ever nonsense it may represent. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 01:05 PM   #11
MacDR50
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7691
If you are talking TV to drool for I vote for an MDT custom rig.

Happy Thanksgiving to the best neighbors any country ever had.
MacDR50 is offline   Reply With Quote