Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2007, 04:30 PM   #1
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Festivals of Texas

I picked up the brochures on the festivals of Texas for this spring. We plan on being in Texas for the month of April and don't want to miss a thing.

Right now and thru Monday April 2 we will be doing family things but then plan on trying to see as much as possible.

So far we are thinking of heading either toward Houston or Big Bend but returning to the Hill Country in time for the Bluebonnet Festival in Burnet sometime around April 13, 14. 15th. Next would be the Fiesta San Antonio sometime between April 20-29th. ( We watched them making the floats for the parade while we were in New Orleans so would like to be there for the parade). And last but not least on our way North towards Branson there is the Germanfest at Muenster just east of Wichita Falls.

I am looking for help on what we might be missing in between. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Helen

adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:33 AM   #2
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Adelmoll,

These look like great plans to me. The choice between Houston and Big Bend is a huge one in terms of the differences and distances involved. I'll stay out of that one. Too much depends on personal preference.

The festivals in Burnet and San Antonio should be spectacular! One of our favorite spots in Texas is near Burnet: Inks Lake State Park. Here is a link to some views there from a couple of years ago:

http://www.dw4u.net/Inks/InkPage.html

Muenster is one of our favorite and regular stops on our first day of the trip to Colorado. We always try to arrive there at mealtime. We park our Montana on the side street and eat at Rohmer's Cafe. We have never been to the festival but it is clearly a community with almost 100% German heritage.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote