Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2006, 08:28 PM   #1
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
A Bump in the Road

Actually the bump is on Ed's neck. Ed has had a sebaceous cyst on the back of his neck for several years. Two doctors have told him it is nothing and to leave it alone. Well right in the middle of our trip it decided to get an infection. So we made a trip to the ER here in Polson which was a "no waiting" experience with really nice people. They lanced it and "packed it". We have to go back Monday to have it repacked so this has set back our plans for a day or two. It is raining now and suppose to rain all day tomorrow, so we will finish the laundry and kick back. We were all set to wash the mud off of Monty when we decided Ed needed to see a Doctor so maybe we can get some mud removal in during the next few days. The rain will not remove the mud as the mud is on the bottom and tires. Ed is okay and glad the pain and experience is over.
Happy trails................................

Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 03:46 AM   #2
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
Glad to hear Ed is doing well and that you are kicking back for a change. Where did you get the mud? Polson is a nice area. Barbara has relatives in Polson and farther North at Lakeside and Kalispell. Enjoy your rest.
drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 04:59 AM   #3
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Glad to hear that Ed is ok. That is one thing that we found out right away is there is little or NO WAITING in this state. Coming from Ca. it was really a surprise to us. No matter what your emergency was in Ca. you had to wait. So that is another plus here.
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 08:01 AM   #4
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Don, The mud came from 26 miles on the 93 that was under construction - down to the dirt (mud when it rains). We are trying to figure out a way to get out of here without going on the 93.
Kathi, we were really surprised. So our plans have changed some. We are going to hole up until Monday and then will have to make a quicker trip north than we had planned. Come on down if you get a chance.
Happy trails........................
Old 06-10-2006, 09:16 AM   #5
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Glad that Ed got some relief as an infected cyst can be very painful. Have a safe and wonderful trip.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 11:50 AM   #6
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
What kind of an ER is that? Any ER woorth its salt would make you wait at least 3 hours. Glad to hear Ed is doing well and hope the rains stop soon
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 03:22 PM   #7
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Sue, so sorry to hear bout this, but it sounds like you were in the right place at the right time, how great is that??? Glad it worked out as well as it did, and well do a little extra prayer that this nasty thing continues to heal well.

CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 04:18 PM   #8
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Sue and Ed, we are glad to hear that all is working out well and that Ed is fine. It is a good thing that you two are retired and have the ability to adjust your schedule to fit what ever comes up. How is the GMC doing?
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 05:32 PM   #9
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
The "No Waiting" policies are in affect for States that have a certain population density. I believe Montana's density - and remember this is just a shot - I believe I would guess about... -1 per sq mile. California's is around - and again, just my impression... ~1 million per sq mile, and that's only if you count one per household...

I believe Montana has a "no line" policy in most stores, too... That's one of the reasons that I love Montana - I been to the Kalispell area twice - beautiful.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 07:16 PM   #10
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Ed,
I am glad to hear you are doing better. I hope the extra days in Polson, MT. provides some wonderful times kicking back taking in "Big Sky" country.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 01:50 AM   #11
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
Ed, I'm glad your problem wasn't any more serious and that you're on the way to healing. *And* that you had a good experience with "no waiting." What a nice stress-avoiding experience. Hope you and Sue are safely on your way soon.
Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:20 AM   #12
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Doug
The truck seems to be doing great and we are pleased with the mpg we are getting. Thank you again for your help.
Happy trails...........................
Old 06-11-2006, 03:16 PM   #13
borfaloo
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5608

To get out of the flathead valley without using that mud laden route you could go via Elmo and pick up highway 28 through Plains to St Regis and pick up 90 there. The route is single lane each side and is a little bumpy for about 10 miles. Having said that I hauled a 26 ft long uhaul ( and car carrier) along that route with no problems.

Going from Kalispell to Missoula I was a big fan of the Swan Valley route .. much less traffic and great views ..You can pick that up in Bigfork.

Both choices are slower than 93 on a normal day ...but with that construction we have found it much quicker.

Sean
borfaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 05:54 AM   #14
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Thanks Sean - I'll take a look at that. We are going up to St. Mary's for a few days this afternoon so we are going around to the east side of Glacier since the Going to the Sun road is still closed. We had tried to get reservations at one of the lodges before we came and couldn't. We got an email that rooms were available at St. Mary. Glacier NP is Ed's boyhood dream and staying at a lodge. (Mine is Yellowstone and that is where we will go next.) Ed has been sick so we got delayed with all of our plans. The antibiotics they gave him for his infection has made him really sick.
Happy trails.......................
Old 06-13-2006, 02:51 PM   #15
borfaloo
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5608

Sue and Ed,

Enjoy GNP. It is spectacular even though the going to the sun is not fully open. Susan ( wonderful wife) and I are going to Yellowstone later this summer so any hints etc you can come up with would be welcomed.

Sean
borfaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 05:25 PM   #16
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Sue and Ed,

Sorry to hear that your plans have been put in a holding pattern for now. Hopefully the antibiotics are agreeing with you a little better now, if not maybe a trip back to the doctor is in order. Some of the things that they give you for an infection can be really hard on your body, that is from some first hand knowledge.

I can't wait to get to Yellowstone, that is one of my first on the list to do when we can travel. Prayers are with you that things start coming up roses soon. When they do remember to pass the rose onto someone else.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 07:43 PM   #17
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
Sue and Ed,

We hope Ed recovers speedily.

Lije Baley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 06:55 AM   #18
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Sue,
I'm glad to hear Ed's cyst is nothing overly serious, but, Reactions to antibiotics can be really miserable. Have you contacted his doctor or the pharmacist? I used to be a Pharmacy assist back in the day of youth, and I have seen some painfull and nasty reactions. Make sure he follows Dr. orders on the solution, guys often have a hard time with that part. Take Care. Give Ed our best.

Joy
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 06:12 PM   #19
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
Sue,

Just read this thread, glad Ed is feeling better.
Sweetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 06:06 AM   #20
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Glad to hear Ed is doing okay. If you had to be delayed, what a scenic place to be delayed in!
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote