Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2004, 06:42 PM   #1
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Awning Shades

Has anyone gotten the awning shade cloth that slides into the roller?
I have seen several in the parks and am wondering how they work out. What color do you think is the best to get? I was thinking the beige might be a little to clear, what do you all think?

DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 01:59 AM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
We bought some while in the Rio Grande Valley in March. We use it when we are someplace for 2 weeks or more. It provides a little cozy privacy, cuts heat and wind. We like it, but it does take some time to put up, as you have to really tie that baby down. Lots of stakes, bungie cords and stuff. We have a blue, and like it very much. I have a photo from our days at the lake, which I hope to post to our web page sometime soon.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 03:08 AM   #3
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
We will agree with country guy that the awning extension works on afternoons when the sun os directly pointing into the RV awning. it cuts down the sun but not the air. Ours is the same color as the RV awning..Blue. I also agree that you have to tie it down with pungy chords.
Ken and Velda
Dahlgren Va
2003 3655FL Montana/Ford F350 Diesel
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CountryGuy

We bought some while in the Rio Grande Valley in March. We use it when we are someplace for 2 weeks or more. It provides a little cozy privacy, cuts heat and wind. We like it, but it does take some time to put up, as you have to really tie that baby down. Lots of stakes, bungie cords and stuff. We have a blue, and like it very much. I have a photo from our days at the lake, which I hope to post to our web page sometime soon.
ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 10:48 AM   #4
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
We have had one for about 5 Years and works well. We use at our summer camp site to block the afternoon sun when we eat dinner. We matched the color of the awning.
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 02:12 PM   #5
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
OK, got those photos on the web site,

http://www.geocities.com/genieyorks/gunlake.html

should take you right there, or, follow link in our signature and at the very bottom of our home page is a link to Gun Lake Camping.

Carol
Old 08-20-2004, 07:25 PM   #6
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Camping world sells them for around 60.00 I just havent got around to buying one yet.

TT2
Old 08-22-2004, 07:29 PM   #7
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Carol and AL.... I like that idea of the shade cloth to cut down the sun but what I really like is your pontoon boat! Now that's my style of a boat.
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 02:22 AM   #8
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
D and M On The Road,

Thanks Guys!! We really like it too. The great thing about camping with Don is that he has a fishing boat that also can be used to go "tubing" with. The pontoon is just for lazy days and swiming and ice cream runs! Yep, Gun Lake camping is way up there on the "great" scale!
Old 09-04-2004, 02:55 AM   #9
On The Road Again
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1725
We've had an "awning shade" for the last several years and we think it works great, especially when we're at the beach and it's "hot" outside. It provides additional shade and some privacy. I use 2 bungee cords to tie mine down to 2 stakes in the ground, one at each end of the "shade". For storage we just roll it and fold it and store in our storage compartments.
We love ours, especially at the beach, usually Myrtle Beach, SC.
Marshall & Rosemary
On The Road Again is offline   Reply With Quote