Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2008, 05:49 AM   #1
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Truck Graphics

For those of you that have had some of the Montana Graphics added to your TV. Where did you get the graphics, which ones and how did you have them installed on your TV.

Thanks

exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 06:36 AM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Phil,

Apparently you were not at Q on the day that they installed the graphics to Robby's truck. I believe he ordered them from Keystone. Don't know if he went thru a dealer or not. I know that Doug got his directly from Keystone. But he got his to replace the bad ones on his trailer. I believe there are some pics posted under one of the Q threads.

You can get graphics from some auto and or boat type places too.

There are some great looking rigs out there with some great graphics. I think it was Bob Pasternack 's truck that I first saw with some great graphics. I think he got his from a local paint shop.

Good luck.

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 06:56 AM   #3
SAndreasen
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1918
We got ours from Keystone (ordered though out dealer). It took us three tries to get the correct ones. YOU NEED THE SERIAL NUMBER OF YOUR MONTANA! Then explain EXACTLY what you want-right/left etc. We had a body shop put ours on and he did a great job. The graphics are thicker that normal car graphics so evey once in a while I have to inspect them for curling/cracking etc. They wanted to peel back in a couple of places so clear fingernail polish helped to glue the edges back down. We really like the look that it gives the truck.
SAndreasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 08:44 AM   #4
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
I purchased my graphics from our local Keystone dealer. I ordered the same 3 from each side of the coach, left and right, then the body shop manager put them on for me. Total cost for my decals was right at $165, including a case of coronas!
I'm hoping the next truck will be white so I can do it again.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 03:01 PM   #5
billhoover
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7895
Through a dealer for Montana stickers, or a Marine store or catalog for any others.
billhoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 06:33 PM   #6
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I first added decals to my truck while we were at Lake Siskiyou last year. I had seen them on Mike & Amy's truck in Buellton. Since then I have installed decals on a number of trucks including Robbie's. I have only played with Montana graphics. I have no knowledge of what is available elsewhere. Here is what I know:

Where did you get the graphics?
I ordered them through my dealer. They have access to the Montana Parts website where you can see all of the graphics for every year/model. There are unique parts numbers for each graphic. Typically you will want a left and right version, so be sure you get the correct numbers.

Which ones?
Well that is sorta up to you and your tastes. I have a late 2005 5th wheel with the blue graphics. I chose the mountain scene used on the back of the 2950 (rear kitchen) model. That was also the choice of Mike & Amy, RLWHIT, and RPHOWARD. This particular graphic doesn't have a left/right as it only appears on the rear of the coach. Robbie has the newer brown graphics and there is no equivalent to what I used. He looked at a number of choices before deciding on the "swoop" which originates at the rear corner of the coach. It has a print of the mountains embedded in the swoop. It comes in a left and right format. You should have seen it at some point in Q. Another other choice might be the mountain on the front cap. It comes as a big decal, but you could trim off part of the mountains along the line in between them. You do have to consider how much space you have available on the TV.

How did you have them installed on your TV?
Mike & Amy taught me along with RPHOWARD and RLWHIT the first time. RLWHIT went on to do his by himself. RPHOWARD and I have done his truck and my new one since then. And then RLWHIT and I taught Robbie how to do his in Q. So it is not difficult, you just have to be careful. It helps to use lots of water (spray it on the decal and TV surface) when applying to allow easy movement. If you can, pick up a plastic smoother tool (I got one at a vinyl sign shop - for free) to help stick the decal to the surface and work out any trapped air bubbles. If you can't find a smoother tool, use a credit card.

Extra Information
While the price of the decals on the Montana web site (dealer cost) is fairly reasonable, there is no guarantee the dealer won't try to hold you up. For example, the rear kitchen mountain decal lists for approximately $5.50 each. The dealer has his markup plus you will have to pay shipping. I have bought these decals two times now and my total bill from the dealer was slightly under $20 each time. RPHOWARD and RLWHIT found their local dealers wanted $30 - $40 each!!. I ordered Robbie's decals from my dealer for a reasonable price.

It is not necessary to have a white truck if you want to add Montana graphics. Obviously there is no problem with white, but gray (RLWHIT and Mike & Amy), and gold or tan (my two trucks) also look great. It all depends on the color of the truck, graphic, and your tastes.

I hope this helps. We can talk further when we are in Tucson.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 05:41 AM   #7
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Carl, I wasn't trying to imply you needed a white truck for the decals. I have seen some very impressive looking trucks that are not white with these same decals. I should have said this was a personal preference for the white truck.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:44 AM   #8
Bob Pasternak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #800
Send a message via ICQ to Bob Pasternak
Phil & Cathy: Our first Monty was an '03 2955RL and the TV was an '01 Dodge QC LB that we got used and was dark red. During our travels we saw several trucks with nice graphics and thought we'd try it. When we ordered this truck we got white for a couple reasons, graphics being one. I found a trim shop in East Chicago, IN that did custom graphics and took the trailer to his place. We picked the colors we wanted from his large selection then went through several books pictureing the designs. We picked a couple we liked, combined them and looked at them on his computer. He was able to put a White Dodge in profile on the screen and put our graphics on it. That is how we came up with ours. We've since gotten an '06 3000RK. There is a little difference in the graphices, but not enough to redo them.

And Dennis, thank you for the compliment!!!
Bob Pasternak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:01 AM   #9
sgtpp214
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1782
Simply ordered my graphics for the 3500 from Keystone through my dealer and had detail man put them on who does the graphics work for the local car dealers.
sgtpp214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:46 AM   #10
Tincup703
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6385
We removed all the fugly factory graphics from our 3650RK and ordered custom graphics from RV stripes and Graphics. They also do trucks, boats, cars and pretty much anything else you can dream up.

Prices are very reasonable and the quality of the vinyl they use is far better than the stuff Keystone uses.

Check them out at:
www.rvsg.com

tc
Tincup703 is offline   Reply With Quote