Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Navigation
Click Here to Login

Old 09-04-2018, 05:58 PM   #1
Annaoinga
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15850
Middle GA to Coos Bay Oregon Rally

Hi everyone!

I haven't been on here in years.... Getting a business up and running consumed my time....

So we didn't make it to Denver CO yet... It's still on our list. I appreciate everyone's input on that thread - it didn't go to waste!!

This will be our first trip west with the Monty. The 2019 Spring rally sounds like the perfect chance to head out west! I'm excited but nervous to plan such a long trip. We went north to Maine and it was fabulous!!! I just plugged the address into GPS and double-checked along the way with Allstays app.

I'd love your suggestions on routes to take and to avoid and "must-sees" along the way!! We plan to leave GA early June and be back probably by September 1.

Thank you in advance!

Annaoinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 06:31 PM   #2
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
If your going to run mostly interstate plug into gps and follow what it says. For you, north on 75to Chatt. Then cut over to Nashville. Then up to Paducah to St. Louis then Kc. Run 29 up to Lincoln and over to 80. That’s the shortest fastest. 80 will run you all the way to salt lake. If you want to see Denver then use 70 across. Then go 25 north to Cheyenne to 80. It’s a good trip but well worth it. We did it three times 3 summers ago. Getting ready to go again in November. We go SD to Michigan to south Florida for a couple months to see grand kids.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 11:48 PM   #3
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
In Denver area, the state park - Cherry Creek - in Aurora is very nice. No cable tv, but over the air Denver channels should be numerous. It also has wifi, but didn't reach all areas very stronly - probably over 3 or 4 years ago tho.
And Aurora is on the east side of Denver, so you can take I225 around the east to i70 for about 3 miles and then eventually head to Cheyenne.
I go this way just to avoid I25 thru downtown Denver. It doesn't matter the time of day - noon, 10 AM, 2PM - there are always one or 2 places with a mile or 2 of stop and go. Have fun.
Oh, Cheyenne has a restaurant called Sanfords that has interesting decor and 8 large pages of a menu. Of course they have one 10 oz sirloin steak that is fixed 10 or 12 different ways!! A lot of other 'different' food too.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 09:32 PM   #4
tooth ferry
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17209
If you take I-70 with the idea of taking I-25 north to avoid Denver be aware that there is a very poorly marked toll road that turns off before you get to Denver airport area. It is a good road but when we unknowingly got on it we later received a bill in the mail for almost $40.00
tooth ferry is offline   Reply With Quote