Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Long Timers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2006, 11:13 PM   #1
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Dish Network

Well we did loose our distant network channels as "promised" by Dish network. Looks like we will have to rough if with only 250 choice left! :-)

RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:50 AM   #2
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
This works well until they try to send you in the mail new "smart card" to insert into your receiver. Without the updated card your receiver will be disabled. These casds are replaced periodically!!!!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:15 AM   #3
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Sounds like I need to get newer equipment. Thanks for the info Micheal.
Old 12-16-2006, 03:25 AM   #4
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
See post in "let us entertain you"
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 05:36 AM   #5
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
I need someone to explain to me what is happening to Dish service. I have Dish service in our home and there are no problems. I put one of the receivers in the Monty and everything was great until a short time ago. The Monty is in an area 110 miles from our residence and when programmed, I used the same zip code as we have at home. I have Dish 500 super dish with 2 LNB's, one for local channels and one for other channels. Now, there are a few channels I cannot get...I get channel 200 CNN but am unable to get 205 Fox news. There are a few others I don't get. I do receive the local channels as if I were in our residence. I called Dish and was told there was a company that might be able to help and they gave me this number to call 1-800-909-9677. I called and was told they had no record of me being a Dish customer and I should call back in 10 days. I have since contacted a web address for this company, All American Direct, and found they have no record of Texas Dish customers at this time.
On one of the forums I read something about this being the result of a lawsuit. Are there any plans for Dish to resolve this?
I might add there are no service problems with our residence service.

Thanks for your input! Weldon
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 10:12 AM   #6
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Thunderman,
See "More on Dish TV" in the Let us Entertain You forum.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 04:33 PM   #7
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Thunderman

I need someone to explain to me what is happening to Dish service. I have Dish service in our home and there are no problems. I put one of the receivers in the Monty and everything was great until a short time ago. The Monty is in an area 110 miles from our residence and when programmed, I used the same zip code as we have at home. I have Dish 500 super dish with 2 LNB's, one for local channels and one for other channels. Now, there are a few channels I cannot get...I get channel 200 CNN but am unable to get 205 Fox news. There are a few others I don't get. I do receive the local channels as if I were in our residence. I called Dish and was told there was a company that might be able to help and they gave me this number to call 1-800-909-9677. I called and was told they had no record of me being a Dish customer and I should call back in 10 days. I have since contacted a web address for this company, All American Direct, and found they have no record of Texas Dish customers at this time.
On one of the forums I read something about this being the result of a lawsuit. Are there any plans for Dish to resolve this?
I might add there are no service problems with our residence service.

Thanks for your input! Weldon

Thunderman,

The recent changes at Dishnetwork are related to the ability to receive Distant Network Channels. This was a service provided to people who reside in an area that does not receive the major networks (ABC,CBS,NBC,Fox,etc.) either "over the air" or by cable. Instead, these folks could receive a network feed from either Los Angeles or New York. This service was also available to RVers or Truckers by filling out a waiver required by the FCC and returning it to Dishnetwork. Dishnetwork got into trouble because they were providing Distant Network Channels to customers who could receive their networks via "over the air" or cable. The local network afiliates filed a lawsuit against Dishnetwork because of lost viewers (read money), because folks were watching Distant Networks instead of the local network afiliates.

The problem you are discribing with your system is not related to the lawsuit or Distant Network Channels. I tend to think your dish is not picking up both the 119 and 110 satellites so you are not receiving all your channels. You need to go into the setup menu (6,1,1)and do a "Check Switch" this will show whether you have access to both satellites. Also, you should enter the zipcode for the current location, rather than your home zipcode, to get the proper settings for the dish azumith, elevation and skew.

Hope this helps!
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 03:09 AM   #8
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Quote:
quote: Also, you should enter the zipcode for the current location, rather than your home zipcode, to get the proper settings for the dish azumith, elevation and skew.

Hope this helps!
Weldon-
I agree with this portion of fulltimedreamer's statement that this may be your problem. You should check the angles for your location on your receiver using the local zipcode rather than the one for your home zipcode. After finding these you will have to physically set the angles on your dish. You should be able to get your local channels for 200-300 miles away from the local city that you are subscribed for.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:44 AM   #9
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
Charlie & Fulltimedreamer,
Thanks, I am 110 miles from my local residence and thatis why I have used the local zipcode. I too have heard this is suitable up to 200 miles.
I may check the service by putting in the other zip code to see if my problem is affected.

Thanks again, Weldon
Old 12-29-2006, 07:29 AM   #10
bw2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5592
The Dish & Direct TV satellite networks have "spot" beams for the local stations. So, when you are out of the "spot" area for your home area, you cannot receive the local stations.
bw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 10:35 AM   #11
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
Except for those of us in "National" feed area's so we have them everywhere we go...
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:41 AM   #12
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
We moved from San Dimas to Desert Hot Springs Ca. under a hundred miles I did not think it would make much difference but I could not get a signal. Went through set up again and AZ changed 4 degrees. Made the corrections and all is OK.
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 06:05 AM   #13
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
I solved our problems also by changing the zip code to our new location. I have used our home zip many times at a distance of 110 miles without problems but this time it would not work properly.
Thanks Charlie & Lamar.