Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 02-13-2009, 02:25 AM   #41
WorkerB
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8202
Roxy & I retired last June. We spent the last few years paying off all our bills. We had lots of doubts but we have not once been sorry. I am 60 Roxy’s younger and as others have said there are only so many years left before health issues stop you from traveling this great country. Another thing that blows my mind is how many job offers I have had since I stopped working. Everything from day jobs to a permanent full time work. Another advantage is that I can start a good argument with the DW and she cant storm out when were doing 65 MPH on I-80. Its kinda like being in a small cardboard box with a wild cat. Like every thing else Im learning. Jump in the waters fine. You wont be sorry.
John

WorkerB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:57 AM   #42
genecurp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2535
RKasi,
You know your finances. If you can handle the recession, go for retirement. I just retired Nov 30. This is wonderful. If you can, do not hesitate.

The Spring MOC ralley in in Oregon in June. Look to the rally area in this forum.

Hope to see you there.

Gene and Judi
genecurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:30 PM   #43
Rockerdude
Established Member

M.O.C. #6837
I am retiring Oct 1 of this year, the day after my 55th birthday. I have enjoyed working for Pacific Gas and Electric the past 30 years, but very much looking forward to retiring. My wife just took a new job in Las Vegas and so we will be moving there when our house sells. It will be great to use the 5th wheel more now that I'll have the time. My wife's living in it now in Vegas, while our house is for sale.
Rockerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:24 PM   #44
diamondg
Established Member

M.O.C. #5903
Send a message via ICQ to diamondg Send a message via AIM to diamondg
You never know what's ahead or if you'll have enough money. You just put one foot in front of the other and enjoy each day as it comes. Like one member said if you have $1.98 left at the end of the month, then you're rich. If you've made an effort to enjoy each day of retirement, then you have more than most. Do what makes you happy and don't look back.
diamondg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:53 PM   #45
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Thanks for all the responses to my retirement question. It is obvious that I am not the only one going to pull the pin this year. Even with all the bad economic news, the wife and I are very comfortable with our decision to retire. We'll see ya all down the road!
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:21 AM   #46
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Retirement 2009? or anytime for that matter? All I have to do is calculate the ages of some of the poor folk listed in the obituary column and then the reason is clear. After losing a couple of close friends in the last four years, age 50 (heart) & 52 (rare disease), the decision was easy, I was 52 at retirement.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:36 AM   #47
Pete Hanson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3543
Several years ago I had a close friend (53 years old) dying from cancer who gave me great advice to a question from me about a career change I was making. I left him a message on his phone which stated "I'm looking for your advice about my career". A couple of hours later his message back to me was "retire early".
This coming Friday will be my last day at IBM after 35+ years of a great ride. I am really looking forward to doing the things I WANT to do.
Pete Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:54 AM   #48
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Good words, another one I think about is that "This is not a practice run for the next life".
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:37 PM   #49
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Congratulations Pete and we hope you enjoy many happy days.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 03:00 PM   #50
alandaudrey
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9011
Audrey and I will be retired two years this April. It has been absolutely wonderful. We can get up in the morning and decide to hook up and take a trip for a day, a week or however long. We answer to only one person.

We will pick up our new 2980RL in Ohio in two weeks and drag it back to Houston and start getting it ready leave in April for a trip to Alberta, British Columbia, Yukon and Alaska. then back down through Washington State and Oregon finishing up at Las Vegas in late October for a wedding. We are so looking forward to the trip. Rick and Jana, we will be watching for y'all.

Maybe when we get back to Houston I can talk the DW into selling the house and going full time.

Foe everyone planning to retire this year. Good luck and have fun.
alandaudrey is offline   Reply With Quote