Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2011, 05:43 AM   #1
dpam
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10119
RV Park Discount Club -RV Park SuperGuide

Is anyone a member of the RV Park SuperGuide club? They have a 2 yr and 4 yr special that is 50% off their regular rates. Apparently they provide a directory of RV Parks and campgrounds and members are suppose to get savings of $20 -$35.
If anyone is a member of this rv dicscount club I'd greatly appreciate your feedback on whether you feel the membership is of value. They don't allow a person to view their database of RV Parks that provide a discounted rate, but they state they will refund your money during a 30 day trial period.

Greatly appreciate your feedback.

dpam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:00 AM   #2
lasater
Montana Master

M.O.C. #77
That organization is a new one to us. We are members of Escapees and PassPort America. With those 2, plus being retired USAF, we have as much access to low price campgrounds as we can manage.
lasater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #3
summers
Established Member

M.O.C. #11018
DPam,
I have this and here is my experiences with it. Everything is done via e-mail including the membership card which you will then print yourself. Some of the park information I looked at hasn't been updated in quite some time. Naturally the parks the discounts are good at have limitations as to what day, what time of year and number of days it's good for. Most I saw will give discounts in the winter up north and summer down south, weekdays and mostly just for a couple of days. Now it could be I just wasn't looking in the right areas or right parks. When I got this I also got the 1/2 price but we were also supposed to get a Camping World $25 gift certificate. After waiting 6 weeks were told it had already mailed out so they couldn't send a second one. After a few complaints they did send us a check instead. I suppose if you did stay at a couple of parks you could get your money back. Hope this helps
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:09 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I never heard of them but would want to know how many parks they have signed up and would want to see the list or at least a map of locations before I'd send them any money. We use Passport America, Escapees, Good Sam, and AARP.

I'd be very leery of any outfit not wanting me to see the details before they get my money.

Good luck. I'd suggest you consider Passport America or Camp Club USA (not sure the name) instead.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:33 PM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We use Passport America. More than pays for itself. Also Good Sam if it is not PA (We did the Life Membership on Good Sam years and years ago). We search for less expensive parks and really do not find the need for any more memberships. Most of our stays are for a month or more except when we are traveling from city to city.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:19 AM   #6
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
I'm with steve I found yrs ago to not pay in advance for something I have no idea what I will be getting.
Do any of you folks remember uniway. The biggest ripoff I ever seen! Well Close anyway.
Bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:23 PM   #7
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
We have never heard of that discount club. I would just be very hesitant to send money when I can't even see what campgrounds participate.
mainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:50 PM   #8
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Steer clear of anything that does not "smell" right. Go only with known entities. You won't be sorry then.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:45 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
One thing I've found when I have examined a couple of other discount clubs is that most of the same parks are in all of them. Each has a few the others don't but mostly they're the same. So pick one of the 50% clubs and go with it. PA seems to have the most parks so that's the one we use.

Escapees is 15% in most parks with a few giving a bigger discount and a few giving less. We have Escapees because there are a number of parks that don't take the 50% but do take Escapees.

If a park takes neither, then I try Good Sam (10%) and AARP (usually 10%).
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote