Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2009, 09:36 AM   #1
Duane A

M.O.C. #9440
new here

Just wanted to say hello. We are hoping to be a Montana owner soon and found this site. We are looking for a used Montana to get us by and who knows it may be good for many years. I have to travel for my work. Soon we are going to Charlottesville, Virginia for 5-6 months. Hopefully we will find a new trailer before we go. Hope to see you somewhere on the road.

Duane A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:55 AM   #2
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Welcome, Duane. You have come to the right place for information and research. This forum will keep money in your pocket and it will also keep you from some possible trips to the ER. I am sure this has been the case for me...

I was a MOC member for almost one full year doing research before we got our 2007 3400RL. Good luck in your search.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:56 AM   #3
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Welcome to the Montana forums. If you go with a Montana I think you will have made a good choice. We bought a used one (2002 model) and have had very little problems with it overall. Hope to get many more years of service from it. You will find a few things that may aggravate you, one of the things several people has had to deal with is pealing graphics but IMHO that is only cosmetic anyway and it doesn’t hurt the unit in any way.

Enjoy the forum and don’t be afraid to ask questions, there are no bad ones!

Old 07-02-2009, 12:37 PM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Welcome, There is a section on the forum where folks post their desire to sell. The majority of the time it is because of a down turn in health or economics. If I remember right someone had a unit for sale in North Carolina. Happy hunting.........
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:12 PM   #5
cmawendy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9222
Welcome, we also travel for my husbands work and live in our 2008 3665RE Montana. Good luck to you
cmawendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:17 PM   #6
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
You might watch
here also

these are repossessed units and sometimes thy go at a pretty good price. There is usually a Montana or two on there as well.

On Edit: There is one on there now on RV 3rd page looks like its just been listed recently. At any rate, be careful, the slide isn’t even open in one of the pictures could be something wrong with it. Anyway, I enjoy browsing this site. If you don’t mind a little risk I believe you can get a good buy and possibly have something with a little work that will be a good unit.
Bill-N-Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:36 PM   #7
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
"Old GI" just posted his rig and truck for sale for "health reasons". While we are disappointed to hear things like this we hope he can find a new home for his rig. He lives in Florida.

Duane, information travels fast in the MOC. It is a great place to learn and share. You will certainly gain the information, opinions and facts for anything close to RVing and sometimes even more.

Enjoy!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:40 AM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard and good luck finding that "right" Montana for you. Don't hesitate to ask questions. There is no such thing as a dumb question here.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:14 AM   #9
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Welcome and You have come to the right place to gain information on a Montana. We are on our second Montana and have been pleased with both.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:36 AM   #10
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Now that you've found this site, don't be afraid to post any questions you might have. Also, we relish in hearing your ideas too.
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:37 AM   #11
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Welcome to the forum. We looked for 3 years before we bought our unit and we were members of the forum for 6 months prior to buying. Good luck in your search. All your questions can be answered right here, don't be afraid to ask.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 06:11 AM   #12
ChuckD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7916
Send a message via Yahoo to ChuckD
Welocome to the forum
ChuckD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:44 AM   #13
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
Welcome to the best forum. We're glad you joined.
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:33 PM   #14
stevemc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6587
Welcome and good luck with your hunt. We bought a used Mountaineer a few years ago and have been pleased with it. There's lots of great advice on this forum. Hope to trade for a new Montana someday.
stevemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:05 AM   #15
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Welcome Duane and Louise to the MOC FAMILY.

If you can find the right one, a used Monty is a great purchase and one that should last you for many years to come.
Please allow us to assist you. If you do find that one online that really gets your attention do not be afraid to allow us to help you with any details you may not be sure of. Finding it online would allow us to also take a close look and possibly find something you may have missed.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 07:20 PM   #16
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Duane and Louise-- First welcome to the forum and the best darn info spot on Monte's you will ever find! Second if you click on all forums above and page down you will find a thread that have Montanas and related units for sale by members that are giving up their units because of medical reasons or are selling theirs and want to buy an new one! Good luck and hope to see you on the road sometime!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:32 PM   #17
Texas Firefighter
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8153
Welcome to MOC. I have learned a great deal here, and you meet many good people here. Be safe! John Daniels
Texas Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote