Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2004, 11:00 AM   #1
Montana_2776

M.O.C. #2776
Campgrounds 1st. time 5ers to Florida

Wife and I are heading to Florida end of Jan.for couple months,would like to be in Bradenton area looking for so help on finding nice campground. We have a 2005 Montana model 3685fl 4slides would like phone hookup if possible would be greatful for any help
Thanks New Members
Mike and Bea Emond

Montana_2776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 11:51 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Welcome bigmike to the MOC Family.

Here are 5 links to campgrounds in the Sarasota/Bradenton Area. Although we have not stayed in any of these parks we did a drive thru in each one and placed them on our list of future stops.
Sun-N-Fun
Encore RV Resort Sarasota-North
Terra Ceia Village Resort
Fiesta Grove RV Resort
Frog Creek Campground & RV Park
And here are links to FLAUSA-Sarasota/Bradenton Area and See Sarasota for other area campgrounds.

I should point out that January thru pretty much the entire month of March is the SnowBird season down here and you may have problems finding anything available for the 2 months you are seeking.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 12:02 PM   #3
Montana_657
Montana Master

M.O.C. #657
Glenn I clicked your links but couldn't find published rates.... am I missing somthing or have the jacked the rates up this year and don't want to advertise it??? The park we are in here is up more then $100.00 over last year and are chargeing for power. Gonna be our last year here I guess.
Montana_657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 12:26 PM   #4
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
Mike, first, good choice on your 5ver. We really like ours.
I could only find rates for Frog Creek. Extra for just about everything. Elect., pets etc.

Hope it helps.

Carol
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 12:29 PM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I hadn't noticed the lack of rates until you mentioned it. The only additional info I could find is for Frog Creek

Lorraine also mentioned that when we drove thru Sun N Fun we felt they were on the Hi side.

We are actually paying less this year than last but last year we were on a monthly rate where this year we booked for 6 months and we paid the electric this year and last. From what I can see more and more parks are now charging for electric on stays of a month or more.
In fact the park we are in right now just upgraded the electric to each site with all new equipment. I don't mind paying a little extra so long as the camp is putting money back into the camp. When we owned our fishing camp I raised the rates every year BUT I could always justify the increase by the number of improvements we made each year.
Old 12-31-2004, 12:41 PM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Chuck and Carol

Mike, first, good choice on your 5ver. We really like ours.
I could only find rates for Frog Creek. Extra for just about everything. Elect., pets etc.

Hope it helps.

Carol
Yep and Welcome to the Florida Gulf Coast. The closer to the Gulf the higher the rates and you will pay for a lot of amenities other inland parks throw in. It is a rare park that does not charge for electric on their monthly or longer rates.
Old 01-01-2005, 02:32 AM   #7
Montana_657
Montana Master

M.O.C. #657
A charge for power is not really an issue. The fact the rates went way up, the hot tub is a muddy hole in the ground, (no plans to repair) has kind of Teed' us off.

An outfit called Floridian Resorts has bought the place. They have a million dollar web site that won't accept e-mail, reservations and no contact point. The office in this park has the standard answer to a complaint "you'll have to talk to the new owners".

We have some business to handle locally and once that's done we'll be down the road looking for a "resort" worthy of the name.
Montana_657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 07:31 AM   #8
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Mike,

My favorite park in the Bradenton area is Encore Sarasota North. I cannot give you the rates, as I'm sure they changed (went up in October). I think it's the best park for the money and features in the area. There are a couple of parks closer to the beach on Cortez Road but they are small and most likely full this time of year.

You are going to have a bit of a challenge finding a spot with space in the area this time of year. Most snowbirds start heading north in April and May.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote