Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 11:18 AM   #1
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
If it's not one thing...it's another!!!

While I was in the trailer putting everything away my husband comes in to inform me that in our stick-n-brick house the sewer lift pump died!!! There is a puddle of water (just water because no one has been done there in over a week and just the humdidifier, water softener having been dumping into it)in the mechanical room! UGH! So now we have to fix it before we leave on the trip! GREAT!!! So between the weather and this little issue I am definitely going to be ready for the Q!

UPDATE: I forgot to mention that one of our propane tanks froze when it was only 1/2 way empty so system switched over to the other tank, Keith went to get the tank filled (thinking it was empty) and was a little surprised that it wasn't. Just frustrating!

Just say a prayer that we are able to get the pump replaced before Tuesday! Hope the lucky 8 ball sees it in our future!

Old 01-13-2013, 11:45 AM   #2
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
We will say a little prayer for you Carol! It sounds like you are going to need a vacation!! Things like this have a way of working out! See you soon!
Old 01-13-2013, 01:24 PM   #3
ratherbee
Established Member

M.O.C. #12866
We know the frustration! We were within 2 days of leaving and had just spent 1200$ on our truck to get it shipshape for the long drive to Q when the alternator light came on, so back to our mechanic for a new alternator and tensioner. oh well, better at home than somewhere on th e road and now we're in Tucson safe and sound and the truck did the trip with no further problem. When you finally leave, just give a sigh of relief and a joyful shout of excitement!
Old 01-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #4
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Ratherbee you are so right 'a joyful shout of excitement' while I white knuckle the steering wheel on my first major trek with our new rig! I am sorry you had your issues before your trip but it will definitely make us enjoy the Q even more!!! See you there! Sae travels!
Old 01-15-2013, 04:03 AM   #5
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Good luck and prayers for a safe trip for both of you. The bright side is that we just finished the coldest weather since 1988 down here and it's going to start warming up, so you haven't missed much worth being in AZ for and things are about to return to normal.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:29 AM   #6
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Thanks DQDick! I hope all of your plants survived the freeze! Glad to hear the weather is warming up down there! We got the sewage lift system fixed late last night (we did it ourselves), the Monty is loaded and ready to go! I had scheduled to substitute teach for someone a LONG time ago so I had to honor the commitment so we can't leave until 3:30PM today(hope that is the actual time we leave). Monty seems to be staying warm enough and so far no snow today! Can't wait to be there!
Closed Thread