Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-28-2010, 06:12 AM   #1
Dont
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6371
Send a message via MSN to Dont Send a message via Yahoo to Dont
No power

Hi I have no power to any of my light ,or ref, water pump, but I do have power to slide out motor and the front jacks, had the battery check and was just fine,,I have check breakers all ok. Help.

Dont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:29 AM   #2
Crossthread
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6460
Don, Could the battery cut off switch in the docking station be turned off? Bill
Crossthread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:33 AM   #3
01RAMer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7316
Bill, he has slide power, and that usually cuts that off. Don, are you hooked up by 30 amp or 50?
01RAMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:34 AM   #4
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Power at the pedestal?

Slide out motor and the front jacks are DC powered!

simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:45 AM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
If you are connected to the shore pedestal and the 110v stuff is working but none of the 12v stuff is running (the slideouts and landing legs operate off the battery directly), then couldn't the problem be the converter? The converter provides the 12v to the coach when connected to a pedestal in addition to recharging the coach batteries. When the converter is running doesn't it isolate the 12v devices through itself which is why it might be the problem.

If not connected to shore power but the coach supply is not working check the 12v part of the distribution panel for a blown fuse. Besides each device having their own fuse, there is a fuse for the whole 12v panel. If that is blown it will shut off power to the coach. I do not believe it is an autoresetting fuse.

BEFORE you replace this fuse, I would suspect that some device or combination of devices may have caused it to blow. I would remove all the individual fuses, then after replacing the main 12v one, then reinstall each individual fuse one at a time and hopefully the offending device is found if the main blows again. I hope someone has a smarter way to do this than blowing fuses.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:53 AM   #6
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
The battery should power all dc loads. Sounds like he has no shore power, and something is disconnected/blown between the battery and main panel after the connection to the pump and jacks.

I think I'd start at the panel, after making sure I disconnected the shore power. Could even have shorted out the main line between the battery compartment and the panel.

Bob
firetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:01 AM   #7
Dont
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6371
Ok Iam not connected to shore power, I just move te camper from the campground to home.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:21 AM   #8
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Referring to the second paragraph of my post above, check the 12v distribution panel for the main fuse being blown. This implies that a combination of devices may have caused the problem. If the single device was a problem then its individual fuse would have blown.

Keep in mind the slideouts and landing legs do NOT go through this panel and are connected directly to the battery. Therefore the problem seems to at the 12v 'disty' panel.

Don't forget to turn off everything that runs 12v until you need them for debugging. The only thing that will probably be running is the propane detector but I don't know if it goes through the disty panel? If it is working right now (light is on) then it is wired directly to the battery like the landing gear and slideout. I only bring this up because it draws 12v somehow.

You mentioned you checked the circuit breakers which suggested to us 110v may be involved. 110v circuits use circuit breakers. 12v circuits use fuses. Check the fuses for a 12v problem. The converter is not in play here.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:03 AM   #9
Dont
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6371
Icheck the fuses all are ok,I have two30 amps and the rest are 15 amps,I for got to tell my rv is a 2007 3400RL Oh my battery disconnect is in the off position.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:36 AM   #10
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dont

Oh my battery disconnect is in the off position.
What am I missing here...if the battery disconnect is "off" all your 12v stuff, not wired directly to the battery, is "off."
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:44 PM   #11
Dont
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6371
Well guys thank to Tkightning he show me how dump a person can be, I thought that when the battery disconnect said on that it meant that no power was coming through,so i have had it in the off position all summer at the lake,but I was hook up to shore power. I sure am sorry guys that I trouble you all so much. Thanks so much.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:30 PM   #12
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
that is what this forum is for,to ask and to learn. We have all been there,never feel bad about it.
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote