Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2007, 04:38 PM   #21
Lady RV
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

With all due respect and appreciation for the information, Aram's explanation is good information but to have any faith in it I need to know one thing: Is Keystone using the same bushing on the 2007 Montanas as were used on the 2003's? If so, then I cannot put much faith in the statements. The reason is we had a failure of those bushings at roughly 30,000 miles. Others here have had failures, too, some with fewer miles than we had, some with more.
I posted a letter from MorRyde to Keystone. Aram sent it to me and I asked if I could post it. Unless I am missing something, I have not seen any explanation from Aram.

Lady RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 05:21 PM   #22
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by pud2

What i would like to now is this related to the squeeking noise you here when your are pulling into a c.g.? It sounds like it is coming fron the springs. Anybody else here this are is it just me. If so what is the remidy?
Darrell & Pam, I have just started noticing the same noise. Not what what it is. Sure hope it is not a shackle wearing through...

Think I'll try backing them off to inspect them, but I am leery of this as there is no torque recommendations for this. I have a very good dry silicone spray that I think I will hit this area with - if I loosen the nuts.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 06:05 PM   #23
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Gosh, guess I should get Dick out and check ours. We had the axle upgrade done a couple of years ago and got new shackles then, but still it seems you're all saying that it doesn't matter since all of them are non wet bolt.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote