Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2007, 12:04 PM   #1
timandcamismontana

M.O.C. #7264
Lakeshore RV

We are considering purchasing a new Montana rv from Lakeshore RV in Michigan. Their prices seem good but I am uneasy about ordering an rv over the phone. Does anyone have any experience with this dealer? Thanks

timandcamismontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:23 PM   #2
wileecoyote985
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2134
Yes. I bought my 2005 2980 there. The price was very good. The one real big negative experience I had with them is that it took forever to get my registration plate and related paperwork. They issued a temporary registration and it was expired for several weeks before I finally got my permanent plate.

This was after several phone calls to the dealership inquiring about same. Then to top it off, I was sitting in Florida with an expired temporary plate. I asked the secretary to mail the permanent plate to me so I could drive home to Michigan legally - gave her my Florida address- and where does she send the plate when she finally does mail it out - to my Michigan residence.

I was NOT a happy camper.

Can't speak to their warranty coverage as I had only a couple of small issues that I took care of myself.

The warranty issue is something that you should give very serious consideration to. Most non-selling dealers will put you on the absolute bottom of their list if you go to them with warranty work on a rig they didn't sell. It's probably worth a fair amount extra to deal closer to home if it's a long drive to the good price dealer.
wileecoyote985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:41 PM   #3
Glass Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #321
Yes I also purchased my 2004 3295 from them in June 2003, Found the Montana that I had been looking for at a price I could not pass up. The only conversations I had was over the phone with the Salesmen and that was John Sobsack, not sure if I spelled the last name correct but the Montana was there when he said it would be and ready to go after a walk through and PDI. Would I buy another Montana from Lakeside RV. YES. Good luck on your decision. Roman
Glass Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:33 PM   #4
dscott
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6661
I brought my 3400RL there,they have been great to deal with.I have had a few things fixed there, service department has been great,Matt,and Mike will make sure you are happy before you leave. They ship rigs all over the U.S. There one of the largest dealers in the country.
dscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:00 PM   #5
wileecoyote985
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2134
Sounds like maybe my experience was an aberration.

I can say one thing about their service department. I bought a 5th wheel hitch that was installed the same day I picked up the 5'er. Couldn't believe how fast the mechanic was able to install the hitch. The rig was also ready to go when they said it would be.

Would have been a pleasant experience if it hadn't been for the paperwork snafu.
wileecoyote985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:54 PM   #6
1Happycamper
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6880
Yes Tim ,we also purchased our mountaineer from Lakeshore rv. We had a very good experiance and any any thing that needed taking care of was done promply. We also ordered over the phone. It was a piece of cake, and there price could not be beat. Call and ask for Bob Woodard and tell him that Bill from Canada said he is the man. You can't go wrong. We just picked up our unit on June 7th-2007

Bill
1Happycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 06:00 AM   #7
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Tim,
We picked up our 3000RK from them on 7 March 2007. Great price - made it worth the drive from Va Beach. stayed overnight at no charge on one of their 4 full service pads. Had a few more items added the next morning. They got me my registration info before my temp tags expired. 'Montana' Bob is the man. When we were having problems with getting a correct replacement lens cover for our rear light (team montana kept sending a replacement with a red lens vice one with a white back up lens). Team Montana claimed it had to be an "after market" lens vice as built so we called Lakeshore to check. Not only did they verifiy that the unit arrived from the factory with the white insert lens but also sent Lisa info on a recall on the assembly and it included a picture showing the assembly has a white back up lens! Our local dealer now has the correct part number and is ordering what is needed for the recall.

I would buy from them again in a heart beat.

Bill
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:42 AM   #8
mobrownies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #886
We also bought from them. They provided us a list of options, we selected what we thought we wanted and they emailed us a price. They made the process very easy with no dickering around. The dealer 20 miles from my house could not come within a $1,000, so we made the 700 mile trip to pick it up.

The only draw-back we have encountered is that most dealers give priority to the people that bought from them, so we have had some trouble getting into dealerships for service (some up to 60 day lead time). But since we fulltime, we would have had that problem wherever we bought.
mobrownies is offline   Reply With Quote