Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2006, 10:03 PM   #1
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Kohl's R&R (leave) plans

I leave Alice Springs on 24 April. I have to overnight in Sydney. Only one flight a day into and out of Alice to Sydney, yes there are other flights to other towns but still can not make the stateside departure from Sydney. I meet Ann at Dulles (DC), she has had six extra weeks in the states, and we arrive in Rochester, NY around midnight the 25th.
My sister and husband have already done a full road service on the truck and trailer, family is wonderful. We leave Rochester on the 29th and overnight at Drummerboy Campground, Gettysburg, Pa. Then on the 30th we make the rest of the trip into Maryland staying at the Ft. Meade FAMCAMP. .
Sunday, 7 May we pull out for Onslow Beach FAMCAMP, Jacksonville, NC where I will get a day of fishing with the Master Gunnery Sergeant.
Wednesday, 10 May, we head to Patrick AFB, Fl. FAMCAMP. This is a long drive 650 miles.
Friday we drive up to Eustis Fl.; Sunday, up to Opelika, Al.; and Tuesday on to Kentucky to look at some property. Thursday onto Ohio and Friday back into Rochester.
Clean and winterized the trailer on Saturday, store it on Sunday. Finish up Monday with my folks and Tuesday back to Dulles where we will spend our last night in the states with our kids. Wednesday to LAX and arrive Friday morning at Sydney then the final three hour flight to the middle of Australia and back to Alice Springs for 13 more months.
The "Where is KO4A" link will be working if you want to track us on the road.
Hopefully this will be our last “speed” run. When we come home in 07 we hope to slow down and maybe even retire and join some other full timers.
This trip is almost a mirror image of last years 3500 mile run.
Good luck to all and Tow Safe.

H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 04:24 AM   #2
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
John,

Have a safe trip. I followed your link last year and was quite fascinated by it.

I know your on a tight schedule but if you get down close to Spring Hill give a call.

Tom
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 06:22 AM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Wow, John you make me tired just reading this. Have a safe and fun trip.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 06:51 AM   #4
HomeOnTheRoad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1104
Safe journeys, John. You cover a lot of miles in a short time. Next year you can take your time. Have fun and be careful.
HomeOnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 06:45 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
John and Ann, have a safe trip and drive carefully.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote