Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > THE TRADING POST A MOC MARKET PLACE > Trailers, Tow Vehicles & RV related items for Sale
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2008, 03:03 AM   #1
speezack
Established Member

M.O.C. #7906
Send a message via Yahoo to speezack
No takers? What's happening??

I posted my camper for sale on this site and have been looking not only at my ad but at many more ads that are posted here. It's not a big deal cause I have got several interested parties from other sources that are negotiating with us now... however, I was curious about this particular site... I see where most of the folks posting campers for sale are not getting any responses... lots of readers but no replies to the posts... or at least not but very few... It's interesting that here we are on the major website for Montana owners and supporters and the folks that should know the most about these great products and yet not many are responding to the ads?? I figured that most on here already own one but even so... I would think some would be curious enough to reply to some of the ads... doesn't seem so.
Are the prices too high, are the options not right, is it just the wrong time of year, or it may be that this tight money/economy makes it hard for the average family to want to drop all that money on a “recreational” purchase when we might be paying 4 or $5 a gal. or more for gas/diesel… (although you see these big drive campers costing a quarter of a mil or more… running up and down the highway every day???)... what do you think might be holding the readers back from responding… just curious here? I will say that my own ad has gotten some private emails and a couple of phone calls since I posted my contact stuff in the ad… and I got a bunch of hits on some other websites selling campers… but just looking at the other members posts and responses on this site… very weak on the comebacks.

Anyway, this is a great site and I sure learn a lot from the many great members… and to tell ya the truth… I might even decide… the heck with selling my great Montana… I may just keep it and pull it over to the lake and fish a bit... the "strippers" are fixing to show up!! (if your not a fisherman... you have no idea what I am talking about)

speezack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:13 AM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Just my thoughts, but figure those who might be interested will contact via PM or email.

And, the rest of your thoughts, probably some of that every where too, times are hard, $$ is tight.

Fishing and Montanas mix well, enjoy!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 04:11 AM   #3
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
I agree with Carol, Bill, if I'm doing a business tranaction on the web it will be in private or a PM, I have purchased a few things off this site (not a Montana) but did it in Private or by a phone call.
Good luck on your sale.

TT2
Old 01-31-2008, 04:24 AM   #4
speezack
Established Member

M.O.C. #7906
Send a message via Yahoo to speezack
I think your all right... BTW... Mrs.CountryGuy... you have one great webpage... I went there and spent about 45 minutes looking at your pictures... really nice... what great memories... I go back to the tent thing tooooooo...... my kids... my wifes kids (2 sets)... my kids friends and 2 dogs in a 10 man in the rain.... the next morning a guy was jogging by and made the comment "nice tent" ... BIG MISTAKE.... Gail sold the tent and immediately went for a "Venture" popup which last till the first hurricane (more or less) in Jamestown, Va.... and that one got sold when she thought we were "going to Kansas" like Dorothy in the "OZ" movie??!!! Then it was a Terri 28' which last 4 years and then a 30' Keystone Sprinter then our present Montana.... whew?! Sorry to get off the track but just had to tell you this... thanks for the input... your on the mark with the info...
speezack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 04:45 AM   #5
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Thanks Bill for your kind words. Those kinds of memories are so precious, smile makers!

Good luck if you decide you really must sell your Montana. Still think that fishing and Montana thing would be a grand way to go!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:24 PM   #6
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
How long have you had your Montana?
ON EDIT: Nevermind, I just read your original post! Which is what I should have done before asking. Anyway, sounds really nice. Someone will fall in love with it! BTW, you're never too old!
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote