Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2007, 09:03 AM   #1
flagler
Established Member

M.O.C. #5269
Pin Holes in Alum Wheels

We own a 2004 Big Sky. Our first big retirement trip was spent in garages and tire stores over the past 6 weeks. We finally found a tech to test the alum wheels. We have two with pin Holes, causing the tires to lose air. We have made it back home stopping every 30 minutes checking air presure and filling tires with air. This is what Montana customer service told us to do!! Also have had e-mails from customer service that keep going back to the tires being the problem. That is not the case. We bought new tires before we found out what the problem was. The RV is up on jacks trying to get Keystones attention. We are aware of many similiar problems with the 2004 Big Skys via the forum. Vaction is over but if anyone can give us a name and number of someone at Keystone that may have helped them, we would so appreciate it.

flagler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:24 AM   #2
Karl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #522
We had the same problem with our 2002 Montana. The first wheel developed its leak (a pinhole as you mentioned) while it was still under warranty and the dealer got a new wheel for us under the warranty. The second one happened two years out of warranty. I called Keystone and asked them for the contact number for the vendor of the wheels. The person I talked with asked me to get some numbers/letters from the wheel, then in just a few minutes I was told that the vendor was TREDIT, and I was given their 800 number. When I called Tredit, the woman I talked with again asked me to check some info on the wheel. She sent out the replacement wheel the same day along with a UPS pick-up slip for returning the bad wheel. Also included was a form for me to fill out to request reimbursement for any expenses I had for dismounting/remounting, etc. Both Keystone and Tredit stepped up the the plate in minutes even though the wheel was over three years old. Unfortunately I don't have the name of the person either at Keystone or Tredit who helped me out since they solved my problem so quickly.

Added on Edit: below is the number for Tredit in Elkhart. A friend said they had talked with a Jeff Stevens (two years ago) for their problem. I just talked with the person who answered the phone.

kg
Tredit Tire and Wheel
Elkhart, Indiana
(800) 537-2925
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:59 PM   #3
flagler
Established Member

M.O.C. #5269
Thank you Karl, I'll keep this info close to hand.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:27 AM   #4
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
flagler: Keystone have replaced our rims due to pinholes and we were also out of warranty. They sent us 4 new ones to Tx. while we were there. Others on the forum have had the same problems and have had theirs replaced also. I would suggest you follow up on Karl's post and see how you make out.
I am sure others will post and also say that they have had positive results on getting their rims replaced.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:43 AM   #5
Montana_3118
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3118
Keystone has replaced 2 of mine for pin holes also but wont replace the others until they get holes in them. The new wheels have a different size hole for the center hub. They sent new hubs but they didn't fit in one of the replacement wheels.
Montana_3118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:30 AM   #6
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Thanks to Karl I called Tredit about a leak on one of my wheels around the valve stem and they are sending me a new wheel. FREE!!!
Now that's customer service
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:24 AM   #7
flagler
Established Member

M.O.C. #5269
So far no luck with Keystone or Trident. Keystone won't return my calls and is not being very receptive to conversation. I had one conversation with a Tim Nusbaum at Keystone. He stated he was only aware of one other case over a year ago. Left a message with Trident twice to no avail. We will press on in the meantime will have to investigate as to where to purchase new wheels.
Ed 386 931 0271
Old 08-18-2007, 02:32 AM   #8
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
flagler: You can give him a few more names. Bill and Ann, Ormee and Ginette, Steves, Stiles (I think). All are MOC members. All have had there rims replaced due to pinholes.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:32 AM   #9
flagler
Established Member

M.O.C. #5269
Good news. Trident has sent us 4 new wheels. Once we got to the right department,their service was outstanding and above and beyond our expectations. We will only be paying for the mounting of our tires.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:29 AM   #10
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Good to know. Didn't think you would be left hanging.