Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 11-28-2006, 04:56 AM   #1
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Monty in for service

Tomorrow is the big day. Monty is going in for its first warranty service. The replacement fireplace is in, getting the leaky kitchen faucet fixed, the window screen replaced that just doesn't fit, the board that goes over the top of the closet mirror reattached, and getting a rechargable flashlight that actually works. Most of the things I could have done myself, but since the faucet started leaking and the mirror board just came loose this week, figured I would let service have the fun. Can't wait for the fireplce since it is going to be in low 30s this week in Tucson. Also getting a Tracvision R-4 dish. Gosh rving is fun...

rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 06:35 AM   #2
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Barb and Bob,

What happened to your fireplace? Was it faulty?

Curious how they run the cable on your Tracvision. I've hesitated as I'm not sure how to get the cable from the dish to the reciever other than replacing the TV antenna.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 07:09 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Barb and Bob,
Where will you stay while the Monte is getting fixed?
Glad they are doing it, from all accounts they are great about warr. issues there. Good luck.
Ozz
Brad,
It goes down the hollow wall from the electrical panels area, under the steps, down the hole behind the connections for water-sewer, under the Monte and up by the desk in the 3400RL.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 07:22 AM   #4
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Sounds like a plan Ozz! I think. hahaha-

Is your dish a winner - or do you have problems locking in or with water on the dome?

Figured if I got this gimongous front AC, might as well add the dome and get rid of the portable "divorce dish" as we call it. I could be like my buddy Ozz then (after I install all the rest the stuff in boxes in my garage).
Old 11-28-2006, 09:24 AM   #5
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Brad, the rooftop dome could not be any better, no lock in problems- but, I am in a place that has almost no rain, may sing a different tune if in the North West......
I wish you and your garage were here, I would assist you on the installs.
(I had the portable dish, it was OK, time consuming and a pain, but sometimes we can't afford all we want.)
I did a few miserable jobs, so we could get it.
I would take the negatives on the dish with a grain of Salt.
Ozz
Bob,
Check the light dimmer switch, it doesn't work on mine, my second fireplace. My motor burned out on the first one after 2 weeks, also check out the other controls. Many of us have also had loose connections on the connection block, it will smell like burning plastic, (Which it is.)
Good luck, buddy.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:50 PM   #6
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
When I installed my MD500 (a satellite dish for Dish Network that skews so that I can get both satellites at the same time), I put it to the rear of the front A/C. The wire I used is the double RG6 with a ground wire (to add rigidity) and ran it from the attic below the satellite to the fan cut out by the shower, then to the rear of the electrical panels in the bathroom, then down the wall between the hall and pantry (W/D closet), then to the underbelly, then back to the entertainment slide.

Here is where it gets cool. I ran the cable along the other wiring loom, under the square tubing of the front of the slide, then into the 5er behind the fireplace in an area that is hollow. The interior wall and exterior wall have about a 4 to 5 inch space between them. I ran the cable up through this space into the cabinet above the TV (where the Quest is). I mounted the Nomad controller to the ceiling and plugged everything in.

While I was doing this cable run, I ran another pair of cables back to the front basement. One of the cables is coiled up for future use (if ever), and the other goes to the wall separating the basement and the propane compartment. Here, I put in a cable outlet and plugged in an LCD TV so I can have TV outside, sitting on the patio.

The reason I went with Dish is due to the fact they have a dual receiver. The remote TV (in the bedroom and basement) can be controlled by a UHF remote.

By the way, for those that may be losing the network feeds, I changed my home address to one in Los Angeles and signed up for the locals. Works great. I'm still waiting for the RV waiver approval and don't expect it until Sen Leahy's bill gets passed and signed by the President. Most of the local channels for L.A. are spot beamed, but the network feeds are on CONUS (Continental United States) so they are beamed to the whole nation.

snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 04:40 AM   #7
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
My Dad died yesterday afternoon so all plans on Monty on hold for two weeks.

Brad, Ozz has the wiring concept according to Camping World, that is what they plan on doing. The fireplace motor was falty at time of purchase. They are replacing the whole fireplace.

Will let you all know how things come out on new appoint. 11 and 12 of Dec.. Take care.

bob
Old 11-29-2006, 05:15 AM   #8
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
rrheik,
So sorry to hear about about your dad. We will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. Our best to you...
t
txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 05:41 AM   #9
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
rrheik,

We're sorry for your loss.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:32 PM   #10
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Thanks for your kind thought, we really appreciate it.

barb and bob
Old 11-29-2006, 02:41 PM   #11
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Bob - so sorry to hear that. Our prayers are with you and your family. Camping World will be open all year.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:41 PM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We had our 7 month old 3400 in for a W/D installation and Warranty work today..One small problem. There was a groove wearing in that black sheeting on the underbelly of left side of the bedroom slide. We had looked at one being built while on the Factory tour at the rally and figured that a bolt was not installed properly..Sure enough the dealer jacked up the slide about 2 inches and there it was..one of our out of this world craftsman did not have another 30 or 40 Milliseconds to turn that bolt about 1/16th of a turn. In time it would have worn through the slide material. On the positive side ....that was the only problem we have had,,,Also..We wanted a spare fuse for the slide mechanism..that 50amp one that has been known to fail. The dealership said that when they replace one , no matter what the camper brand,, they use a 80 Amp fuse block MIMF2 has suggested the same....30.00 Peace of mind.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 03:34 PM   #13
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Bob sorry to hear of your loss. My the good Lord comfort you in your time of sorrow!
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote