Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2012, 04:05 AM   #1
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
Seattle

Looking for something to do around Seattle. We will be staying with my boy for a couple of weeks, NO MONTANA this trip! Been doing some reading from a Washington travel guide but it all seam to run together. Would like to hear from you about the thing I shouldn't miss and things I should miss?

Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:21 AM   #2
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Of course you have to go to Pike place market then walk down to the Waterfront and take a boat criuse around puget sound then get a Taxi and go to the EMP, Space Needle, seattle center,etcc.. it has been great weather ENJOY the Beautifull NW!!!!...ALSO you will be there for 2 weeks you might want to take a trip south and go to Mt Rainier
Old 08-31-2012, 05:23 AM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Do try for Mount Rainer. Beautiful, beautiful scenery.
Use Highway 7 if possible.

As others have stated - all the above.

Happy trails.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:59 AM   #4
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
IT,
We just did the waterfront / Pike's Place thing a couple of days ago. We even got to use one of the great Water Taxis that abound in the Seattle area. Great outing. Weather was perfect and crowds minimum. There is a world class air exhibit located at Boeing Field if you are interested. Since we were staying almost within walking distance we, naturally, did not go! Next time. Enjoy your stay and have a great trip. Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:38 AM   #5
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
We were there in late July. Down near the Needle their is a new exhibit of Chilhuly glass. This guy is amazing! He has been blowing glass into spectacular art for 3 decades or more. Also up in Everett is the Boeing plant tour. And lunch down on the waterfront in Kirkland was pleasant too!
washley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:17 PM   #6
Drifty1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9441
Dennis, this is not enough time!! I agree you need to do the Pike Place Market for sure. I have lived in the Olympia area for 32 years and I find something different every week. Last week we were in Seattle and went to Pike Place Market and had lunch at the Pike Place Brewery. We also took the Ducks tour of the city and had a great time. If you do take the Duck tour ask for Captain Beau Dashis as you will not be disappointed!!! You might want to call for tickets. You also might want to see the King Tut exhibit as that is next on my list of things to do. We seen it at the Worlds Fair in Vancouver BC 25 or more years ago. This tour will be the last time it will be shown in the USA. If you need any more ideas drop me a email as I will be glad to help. Shoot I even know a few great places to eat if you happen to get a little south in the Olympia area.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:34 PM   #7
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
If you're into history, I really liked the underground tour which is the old buried Seattle:

http://www.undergroundtour.com/

http://www.undergroundtour.com/about/index.html

Might take a look at this to find stuff to do too:

http://2daysinseattle.com/
seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote