Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2012, 09:03 AM   #1
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
Dubois, Wy

Anyone have (experienced) suggestions on where to stay in Dubois Wy. Sounds like a neat place to base out of. Thinking 4 months in Durango may get old after a couple of months.
Mike

pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #2
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
We spent a week in Dubois a few years ago and stayed at the Longhorn Ranch Campground. Sites were on the river and quiet. Our only negative was they only had 30 amp and the voltage was very low. They said they had just rewired the campground but it did not show. I believe it has a new owner because it was not called the Longhorn when we were there. http://www.thelonghornranch.com/inde...lleries/summer

They also have a KOA on the corner in town which looked nice but did not stay there.
There are several others there also. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rl...39095335165008
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #3
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Yes, I think we stayed at the same campground several years ago when it was something like "Riverview" or "Riverside" (I think). It was a delightful overnight stop for us on that trip to Yellowstone. I've always wanted to go back. We were through DuBoise just a couple of years ago and saw the new sign and new name, but that was mid morning so we had no plans to stop. Lot's of nice trees; as I recall no paved campsites--which suits me just fine.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #4
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Mike when will you be in Dubois? I should be there in August.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:20 PM   #5
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
I was thinking about late July or early August for a month. I arrive in the Durango area the middle of June. Now that is just me thinking without checking with my final approval authority.
Mike
pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:31 PM   #6
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
Padredw,
The trees are cottonwood and when we were there they were shedding their fuzz. The stuff was covering everything. The owner would light it with a lighter and poof it was gone in spots.
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:32 PM   #7
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Mike my very good friend Dan Kinnerman lives in north Elk horn in the old library, look him up and ask about the things you should see. Dan was an outfitter and knows the area well. If you would like I will tell him you might look him up. I will be talking to him in the next week or two.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #8
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Yes, I remember those trees. In fact, here is a photo of our site in that park in DuBose:

http://dwilliamson.com/Yellowstone/Yel1_jpg.html

I didn't realize it had been that long ago!
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:45 AM   #9
RickW
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9139
Have not stayed in Dubois but did spend almost a week just west of there closer to Moran a few years back. It was about a 15 minute ride to the entrance of Grand Tetons NP (Moran Entrance). They had 50amp service. Had no trouble getting in/out. My only issue and you may have it in Dubois is the road work between Dubois and Moran. Most of the construction crews were living in the RV park. They left early and got home late. We were late in the season so it was cold at night and they would start and idle their trucks in the morning. Got a little noisy when trying to sleep in a little. Road work was still being done on this stretch of road this past fall. Did not look like they were going to finish before the end of the season. So you may still have to deal with the construction.
RickW is offline   Reply With Quote