Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2007, 02:22 PM   #1
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
Water Filtration

I have used a General Ecology System and like to know what others use. We will be travelling in the US and Mexico so we want something that takes Chemicals and Viruses. Also looking at Reverse Osmosis if I knew more about it, any help appreciated

hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:07 PM   #2
William H. Collier
Montana Master

M.O.C. #798
We have a reverse osmosis here at home and I think the book says it uses about 20 gallons of water to make 1 gallon. They also take up a quite a lot of room. Here is the latest configuration of the one we have. I would never consider putting one in the Monty.
Bill

http://www.omni-water-filters.com/ro2000_filter.htm
William H. Collier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:15 PM   #3
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
We use "double" filtering. A pre-filter to filter out the debris followed by a filter that gets rid of most of the impurities in the water. A reverse osmosis system, though good, really isn't that good to have in an RV. Just my opinion.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:10 PM   #4
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
eSpring system by Quixtar is a very good - and very espensive ($600+ retail) - drinking water filtration system. But it DOES filter all contaminants and has a UV light that kills bacteria, viruses, cysts, etc.

eSpring Below Counter Unit

Haven't found anything similar out there, but there may be... Have to buy this through an independent distributor, of which there are couple of us here as MOCers. I am not trying make a sale, this is just the best w/f that I've seen for what your purpose seems to be, with a dependable system for killing bacteria and viruses. Maybe there are others out there that do the same?

Our pastor has had this system in his church for 2 years now. No one has passed out during his sermon, so must be OK...

I will be putting one in for drinking water, but in addition, I am also following Orv's system for a full RV water filtration system - showers, BR vanity.

Reverse osmosis is good, but very slow. Also, as William says, they are bulky and probably not practical for our Montanas. Maybe a huge Class A...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote