Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2006, 04:47 PM   #1
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
$$$$$$$ ??????

I seem to be paying 80 to 90 cents ($3.35 per gal) more for Diesel over regular gas here in Collyfornya. Why? I thought diesel was a Bi product of crude in the process of making gas. It's a plot for the EPA to elliminate diesel engins in this state and others will follow.

Old 12-08-2006, 04:54 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
You just have to thank the EPA for screwing up again.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:57 PM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
You're in the state that has more stringent regulations on everything than the federal government does. In this case it's the California polution regs that the Federal EPA hasn't even thought of yet.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 12:05 AM   #4
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
Hate to say this but maybe that is why everyone is running from that state. Can't afford to live there. Which is a good thing for us because of the trickle down theory. CA moves to CO, CO moves to SD.... ahhhh The price is right! I love CA cause it set us free by getting our house sold in 4 days.....

Now back to the price thing I believe that during Clinton's administration the congress decided to get involved with pricing. I seem to remember something about selling energy by the therm value. Now take this into consideration diesel sold on the thermal value is way more expensive than gas. It has been a few years but does everyone rememeber when diesel was actually around 15-20 cents cheaper than gas. Well that has come and gone complaints running rampid until forgotten. Now with the new emissions standards for the low sulfer they have to run it through an extra process at the refinery. To do this the refineries had to add the proper equipment at a great expense from what I have heard. So with all the useless bits of pieceless information I have just typed it comes down too.

1. CA is a very expensive place to live. At least until they get the other half of there population on the tax rolls.

2. Congress probably gave the Oil Companies the windfall profits on the same bill they voted themselves a big fat raise.

3. Not much we can do about it!

I better shut up now this is way to political a subject for me. It did get my blood pumping just thinking about though for my morning motivation. Anyone else heard about this thermal pricing for fuel a few years ago?

Remember the........
Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 12:34 AM   #5
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
I do know that when the truckers were able to start charging for the additional cost, diesel just kept on rising. Now they don't say a word. Too bad. We really need them on our side. They are the ones with the clout.
Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 02:07 AM   #6
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Helen,

Thought I heard that the truckers can now pass on the price of their fuel, when it goes up. So, it is not hurting them as it did in the past.

Someone will come along and correct me if I remember wrong!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 02:36 AM   #7
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Yup Carol, That is what I mean. Now that they can passd the price on, we rv'ers our on our own. I wish they wre back on our side.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 03:05 AM   #8
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
This topic was posted a couple of days ago and then taken off line by Admin. After some discussion it was decided to bring it back on line but will be locked because it is has the potential for being too political in nature.

Thank you.

RVWheels, MOC Admin.
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote