Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2006, 02:14 AM   #21
tweir
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #572
I'm getting a 70 gallon UFS with the Trax II upgrade installed next week in Escondido CA. On the Transfer Flow web page they have a list of installers; hopefully you can find one in your area. Thought about driving to Chico, but "ran the numbers" and it was only a few bucks more having it installed locally instead of spending 3 days on the road---one day up; a day for the install and the one day return trip.

tweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 12:29 PM   #22
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
I just ordered mine today, decided to have it shipped to Tucson, since I am still tied up with family business, and same as Thomas J., the cost to drive and spend a couple days would not make it worthwhile to get it done in Chico. I am getting the 30 gal. toolbox combo. Now I will probably have to get a job to pay for filling it up since diesel is starting to climb in price again. So new Tracvision R4 sate. dish for the Tana and new fuel tank, guess I can't ask my sweetheart for a Christmas gift this year. Thanks again for the advice.

bob
rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 02:31 PM   #23
bruiser
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6319
I just had the transfer flow 45 gallon replacement tank installed in my GMC 2500HD - picked it up from local dealer on Wednesday. Even though we'll be heading in the general direction of Chico in January, I opted to pay the extra to have the tank shipped up to Calgary. I guess I just like the idea of not being worried about running low on fuel on a long trip.

I filled the new tank at a station I hadn't used before. From there, I hooked up the Monty to take it to the dealer to install the new generator. With the Monty hooked up, whenever I hit the gas to pick up speed I got a lot of black smoke - no smoke when cruising. I never had this happen before. The problem disappeared without the Monty hooked up. Could this be a bad diesel problem? or new fuel tank problem? or something more serious?

Bruce
bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 04:00 AM   #24
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Bruce, don't know what to tell you, hopefully once you get a few miles on it, it will clear up. I would give transfer flow a call and ask them. I understand they are supposed to be pretty good to work with.
where do you live in Calgary. We just moved back down to U.S. last November, after spending five years in Chestermere.
Keep us posted on your smoke situation.

bob
Old 12-08-2006, 04:34 AM   #25
bruiser
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6319
Hi Bob. We live in Woodbine - S.W. corner of the city - overlooking Fish Creek Park. Chestermere has certainly grown. I remember riding my bike out to the lake with friends in the 60's. There were only a few cabins on each side of the lake back then which were used mainly on weekends.

Bruce
bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:18 PM   #26
Dennis Korchak
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2419
Just had a 50 gal combo tool box/fuel tank from Transferflow installed today ( 12/8) from Eric's RV in Squim Wa. They did a great job. So far works great. Pricey but Top Quality Tank and Tool Box. Now I have 88 gal capicity for those long tips south....
Dennis Korchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:30 PM   #27
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Dennis, I agree it is pricey, and you are right, definitely top quality. The dealer I went to in Tucson manufactures tanks, besides doing install for tranfer flow. They had a toolbox 45 gal. tank for $1500 installed, but it had a manual guage, with a manual timer for transfering fuel, and didn't know if it was DOT approved, but stated they have never had any complaints. So, when there receptionist said they sold a lot of transfer flow tanks, I was not surprised. It is nice to know what you are getting, versus it works great, but don't know if it is legal in Calif..
I much rather pay more and kow it is legal anywhere, and dhas a good reputation.