Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2017, 09:40 PM   #1
David T. MacNeill
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19930
Boise area mobile RV service recommendation

Boise area RV people, can you recommend a mobile RV service company or individual? I need to get my new Garmin BC-30 wireless backup camera wired into the 12v power of my Montana Big Sky 3820RL. I do a lot of work on my rig myself but electrical stuff I leave to the pros, and I'd prefer to have someone competent do this installation in my driveway.

David T. MacNeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 02:06 AM   #2
David T. MacNeill
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19930
Sorry, meant to type 'Montana Big Sky 3280RL".
Old 06-09-2017, 09:50 AM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
You might try joining the facebook page: Mobile Rv Repair Companies Across The Us and Canada
I've used them a couple of times and was glad I joined.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 12:06 PM   #4
David T. MacNeill
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19930
Quote:
Originally Posted by DQDick View Post
You might try joining the facebook page: Mobile Rv Repair Companies Across The Us and Canada
Excellent suggestion! I had no idea they existed. Thank you.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:14 AM   #5
2dandr2

M.O.C. #20056
Send a message via AIM to 2dandr2 Send a message via MSN to 2dandr2 Send a message via Yahoo to 2dandr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by David T. MacNeill View Post
Boise area RV people, can you recommend a mobile RV service company or individual? I need to get my new Garmin BC-30 wireless backup camera wired into the 12v power of my Montana Big Sky 3820RL. I do a lot of work on my rig myself but electrical stuff I leave to the pros, and I'd prefer to have someone competent do this installation in my driveway.
David we are in Mtn. Home. Was wondering if you found anyone mobile in your area.
2dandr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 12:19 AM   #6
David T. MacNeill
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19930
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dandr2 View Post
David we are in Mtn. Home. Was wondering if you found anyone mobile in your area.
Not yet. Do you have anybody in Mountain Home?
Old 06-22-2017, 12:28 AM   #7
2dandr2

M.O.C. #20056
Send a message via AIM to 2dandr2 Send a message via MSN to 2dandr2 Send a message via Yahoo to 2dandr2
No. We haven't found one here either. Amazing when you consider how many rigs are in the area.
2dandr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 12:31 AM   #8
David T. MacNeill
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19930
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dandr2 View Post
No. We haven't found one here either. Amazing when you consider how many rigs are in the area.
Somebody is missing a great opportunity here. I guess folks just drag their trailers to Camping World and cross their fingers. Particularly this time of year when the CW service departments have multi week waiting lists.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:08 AM   #9
Mike639
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19743
Quote:
Originally Posted by David T. MacNeill View Post
Somebody is missing a great opportunity here. I guess folks just drag their trailers to Camping World and cross their fingers. Particularly this time of year when the CW service departments have multi week waiting lists.
I know twin falls has a few. Maybe call them and see if they come to boise.
Mike639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:53 PM   #10
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
I don't know how the Camping World in Meridian is today, but about this time of the year in 2013, they were great. I had a failed black tank valve and a failed front A/C, and they were able to get me in Tuesday afternoon, got the rig back on Friday. Their night crew made the valve repair on Thursday, and the day crew replaced the A/C on Friday. I felt this was excellent service, considering they had to deal with the warranty from Keystone. I was very surprised about the night crew at the time, but they had the work load. This may not be normal for all Camping Worlds, but this one was way above normal.
rohrmann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 09:19 PM   #11
David T. MacNeill
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19930
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohrmann View Post
I don't know how the Camping World in Meridian is today, but about this time of the year in 2013, they were great.
My first service experience with them was a little bumpy, but they immediately bent over backwards to make things right. For big jobs, I'll go there. But I think there are lots of little jobs a mobile RV tech could do in my driveway. Who wants to connect and drag a 33" 5th wheel many miles for a small electrical fix, or to have a small dent knocked out? I'd gladly pay extra for the convenience.