Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2007, 01:41 PM   #1
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
And so our adventure begins...................

On Sunday August 26th at exactly 11:43 we pulled out of the driveway to begin our new life. It hasn't rained in So. Calif in months and then not much, so what did it do as we were doing the last of our loading, IT RAINED. We were a week delayed in leaving because of many last minute problems that were solved but took some time. We took a route to leave CA via one of our favorite areas - the Eastern Sierras. We spent the first night at Lone Pine and then a couple of days at Carson City, NV to catch up on laundry. It was pouring rain as we crossed the border from CA to NV. Which was appropriate because it was pouring rain the day I arrived in CA as a child. The next night we stayed at Winnemucca, NV and tonight we are in Wells, NV. Tomorrow we will be in WY and will sit out the Labor Day weekend there and then on to Cheyenne and up to Rapid City and then to Sioux Falls. The last couple of days across NV has been rather boring and we are looking forward to better scenery tomorrow.
Happy trails......................

Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:52 PM   #2
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
Parrothead, Slow down, enjoy the journey. You don't have to see and be everywhere in one day. I hope your travels are like our's. Many years ago we left CA on a trip to Alaska. First morning in Klamath Falls we woke up to 2 inches of snow, big black clouds. That afternoon it cleared up and the next 5 weeks we only had one day of rain.

Safe travels
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:11 PM   #3
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Congratulations to the two of you. Of course it has to be a memorial thing when you leave. Otherwise you would not have anything to look back and laugh at a year from now..... Welcome So-Daks.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:50 PM   #4
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Sue you two are living my dream. Trying to get Dick to have the same dream.

Congratulations on you move to full timing. You're gonna love it just like so many MOC members.

I checked out your Blog and photos, they are spectacular. I think you should be helping at the rally with photos, cause yours are so good.

Be safe, have fun and enjoy your new journey. Can't wait to meet you at the rally in the flesh.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:27 PM   #5
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Enjoy the adventure!!!!!!!!!

What a wonderful life this is.
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:21 PM   #6
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
Sue pretty sure I saw you on the road by wells was heading out to our yard in Salt Lake City with a load of lumber just out and back now at home for the weekend be safe out there we are heading out on the 8th for yellowstone so blaze a good trail for us and take that rain with you lol
boat391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 03:11 PM   #7
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Tim, yes that was probably us. We stayed in Wells last night. Tonight we are in Evanston, WY for the weekend. Have a great time at Yellowstone.
Happy trails........................
Old 08-31-2007, 03:17 PM   #8
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Consider it so that a bottle of champaign was broken across the bow of Monty and you are launched. Bon Voyage!!!
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 04:49 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Sue and Ed, we are so tickled to see you two finally on the road. We watched as you went through a lot of trials to get to this point. We are very happy for you. Now, enjoy! There is so much beauty in this country and so many interesting things to see and do. If you want non-boring country in that area, next time dip down south a bit and take I-70 from eastern Utah to Denver. Absolutely gorgeous and not as difficult a tow as one might think.

I hope while you're in Rapid City you can spend some time in the Black Hills. That's one of the many places we want to go back to.

As rogue said, soon I hope you can slow it down and enjoy the journey. The US highways in this country have so much to offer.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 05:42 AM   #10
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Have a safe and happy travel experience, I too hope to meet you and Ed on the highways.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 09:55 AM   #11
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Hello Ed and Sue
Congrads on the Brave move you both made. I also would look forward to meeting you someday on the road and share a cup of coffee with you. We can visit about our disagreements in regards to the STATE OF KANSAS ha ha ha. Anyway Safe travels to you both and HAPPY TRAILS, Sure would be nice to see Ed and you in Branson May 2008. Later John
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 11:14 AM   #12
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Ed and Sue, I hope everything goes the way you have planned and you have many trouble free miles.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 12:53 PM   #13
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Ed & Sue,

Congrats on Fulltiming.

If we don't sell our stick house soon, our Longtiming is going to be Shortiming. Our new stick house won't be done until Feb '08 (if we are lucky)

Looking forward to seeing you guys again, somewhere down the road.
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:08 PM   #14
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Ed and Sue,
Congrats on your new adventure!!!
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 06:00 AM   #15
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Ed and Sue, W O W and G R E A T, enjoy your new life. We did the same thing last Saturday and... never mind, I don't want to jump on your thread with our details so hope to see you on the road one day soon.

Happy trails,
Dick
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:36 PM   #16
MelsJoy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7085
Congrats Sue & Ed!
Hope to see you down the road soon!!
I had thought I already dropped you a note on this thread, but maybe I forgot to hit the Post button? Anyway, if you ever forget the date you started fulltiming just give us a call and ask us what day our 29th Anniversary was! It really was a great day! lol. Take Care
Joy
MelsJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:38 PM   #17
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
So, how's it going, Sue and Ed? And where are you and where are you headed?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 02:14 AM   #18
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Ah.. Yes the great adventure. You(and we) are so fortunate to be able to be on one. We can compare "adventures" at the rally as we were through many of those same places on our "summer adventure"
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 04:37 AM   #19
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
We are in Custer, SD. Found a really nice campground south of Custer. New, wide sites, wide grass between, PA all nights, great people, free WiFi. We will be here 6 nights while we check our Mt. Rushmore, Chief Crazy Horse and the 1880 train. Then we will go to Sioux Falls, then to Branson (we are not going to make it to the Rally, boo hoo). We will have a family reunion in Branson with all of my cousins. And we will take a lot of day trips from Branson as I show Ed where I came from.
Happy trails......................
Old 09-08-2007, 06:12 AM   #20
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Sue, we just missed you, left Custer on Sept 5th - we loved it and hated to leave we had such a good time - lot's to see and do. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote