Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2006, 10:13 AM   #1
virgil47
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3846
Gallup, NM

Needed a place near Gallup for a couple days and choose USA RV Park. They tripped my first pet peeve wire when at registration the put down the charge, deducted my GS discount and then added back $2.25 PER DAY for cable TV. Now their add clearly says TV Service but it does not say that they CHARGE $2.25 per day. Now let me say, I paid the money but my point is that they "trapped" me. Had the directory been clear, I may have chosen another park in the area. I sure wish Trailer Life would force them to disclose ALL SERVICE CHARGES and FEES in the directory. I emailed TL today.

Secondly, dog owners have to sign a different set of rules. After reading them, one would think that my dog had all the communicable diseases known to man. Never been anywhere the dog rules were so rigid.

And finally the wifi signal was so week that my older laptop would not hookup. My new one got "in" no problem.

Gosh I hate surprises!

virgil47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 06:49 PM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Is that the one just west of town that advertises discounts for veterans? We had a reservation there but cancelled when we stopped at Albuquerque to sit out a snow storm in the Gallup (and Albuquerque) area back in March.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 03:31 AM   #3
FulltimeFollies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5656
If you really want to know of this park, go to rvparkreviews andread all the post on this particular park. It is hilarious.
FulltimeFollies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 03:49 AM   #4
virgil47
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3846
Steve,

I'm sure that is the one. There are military service signs all over the park. I'm glad you didn't make it there. It was not one of my more pleasurable experiences.
virgil47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 02:16 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks, Virgil. I'll keep that in mind for next time we go through the area.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 02:44 PM   #6
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
I think it's funny that these campgrounds act as though this information doesn't get around. It certainly does, not only at this site but obviously the review ones as well. Perhaps they should read them and get accurate feedback!

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote