Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2005, 06:14 AM   #1
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
Replace kitchen sink?

Well we had a little problem with the kitchen sink on our latest outing. Dropped something heavy in the sink and the bottom cracked in two places. Bad enough that it will not be able to be repaired so will be looking to replace it. It has two 3" long cracks and you can see through them.

I stopped into a Montana dealership near where we were camping and they needed the vin# of the coach to call Keystone to order the part (sink). Seemed backwards to me since I had the Model number of the sink and the measurements etc. Anyhow it was late Friday and Indiana time was after 6pm so couldn't do anything now until Monday by phone.

Just thought I would ask if anyone has had a similar problem with the sink and where you got the replacement sink or a part number etc?

This is a 2001 3280RL with the double sink 17 1/2" x 29". Brite Star Model No KS 4000-50150?

I will do some web searches to see what I can find also.

drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 03:52 PM   #2
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
OK! So no one has had to replace their kitchen sink?

Well I contacted the closest Keystone dealer and it took him three days to get a responce from Keystone on part number, price and avaliability. So for $108 plus shipping to Oregon the new sink should be here in about three weeks.

Didn't have much luck trying to find a sink with those measurements on the internet and I didn't want to cut the cabinet for a larger one. So will wait for the new one from Indiana.

Old 08-07-2005, 05:31 PM   #3
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
I'll be following this thread. We had the same thing happen. I've looked on the internet and in all the local hardware stores and cannot find a replacement. The local Montana dealer does not stock them either. Guess we'll have to have them order one. In the meantime if you locate a source I'd be very interested.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 04:03 AM   #4
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
Will keep you informed and will post the part numbers etc when we get the new sink.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:17 PM   #5
5ER
Montana Master

M.O.C. #90
I was just wondering what was dropped to crack the sink so as to know how heavy something would have to be to crack it. We don't have any iron skillets so I don't know what we would have heavy enough to crack the sink.
5ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:01 AM   #6
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
Well! I shouldn't tell on the ever lovin, but. It was one of those senior moments where it seemed like a good thing at the time. That is until the cracking sound! She dropped a 10 lb bag of ice in the sink to break up the cubes and you know what happened. By the way I didn't make matters worse by getting upset with her. She felt bad enough without me pouring fuel onto the fire!
Old 08-10-2005, 04:59 AM   #7
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
drhowell, Thank you for sharing with us what is heavy enough and hard enough to break the sink.I might have tried the same thing.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 06:01 AM   #8
krvk
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3191
We just discovered (3/6/06) that our kitchen sink (the side we wash dishes in) has a 8" crack with another 3" splitting off from the center of the 8". Montana 3295RK, 2004. Has anyone contacted Montana as to why this is happening? We have not dropped anything in the sink! Will be contacting dealer and Montana to see about a fix.
krvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:29 AM   #9
2007dura
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2313
We have seen from some of the shows we have attended lately, that some manufactures are going away from the one piece sink/counter. Asked a rep. from Thor, and he said they had problems with sinks cracking and that is why they went back to a drop in sink instead of one piece.
2007dura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:32 AM   #10
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I sure do hope I never have to replace the sink in my coach. I have the one piece counter/sink combo and would have to replace the entire island counter top. Or if it does happen, lets hope it happens during the next 6 years so the extended warranty will cover it. =)
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:39 AM   #11
bjlks
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4218
We have a 2005 3400 that has two cracks 2 inch long from drain going outward,does not leak yet,nothing was dropped in sink to crack it.Contacted dealer and keystone sent pictures and was told there is no fix execpt for replacing the complete counter,I turned this in before warranty expired and was told if the sink started leaking keystone would have to replace counter,this would be done even though factory warranty has expired in a limited amount of time.I would like to know if the one piece sink is prone to cracking be vibration or temperature change?I am going to have dealer order a new sink before the cracks get worse.I hope keystone will stand behind there word to fix sink,we will see.
bjlks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 12:19 PM   #12
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
I wonder if you can cut the sink out and replace it with a drop in? Just a thought for thoes that are out of warranty.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 01:33 PM   #13
houseof many dogs
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #854
Just a hint if you are looking for a sink or replacement parts try www.rvsurplussalvage.com
They have parts and pieces from the OEM manufacturers. Maybe they have some Montana parts left over?
houseof many dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 12:58 PM   #14
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
maybe you can find something it this ite.

TT2

https://www.rvsurplussalvage.com/index.php

See what happens when I dont read all the post I did a duplicate
Old 03-18-2006, 04:57 PM   #15
delrob
Established Member

M.O.C. #4322
I DON'T HAVE THE PROBLEM OF A CRACKED SINK, BUT I HAVE THE PROBLEM OF A VERY DEEP STAIN IN MY SINK. IT APPEARED ABOUT A MONTH AFTER WE GOT OR TT. WE TAKEN IT BACK INTO THE PLACE WHERE WE BOUGHT IT AND THEY TRIED TO GET THE WARRENTY TO REPLACE IT, BUT THE WOULDN'T. THE ONLY THING THAT WILL TAKE THE STAIN OUT IS USEING HAIR BLEACH. THAN IT RETURNS IN ABOUT A WEEK OR SO. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS AS TO HOW TO GET THE STAIN OUT OR HOW TO GET THE SINK REPLACED BY THE COMPANY. WE BOUGHT THE TT IN OCT. 2005.
delrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 05:11 PM   #16
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
Ladies,, this is what happens when you let the DH do the dishes.

(think they will buy it guys?)
Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:58 AM   #17
texdeano
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4480
Send a message via Yahoo to texdeano
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by krvk

We just discovered (3/6/06) that our kitchen sink (the side we wash dishes in) has a 8" crack with another 3" splitting off from the center of the 8". Montana 3295RK, 2004. Has anyone contacted Montana as to why this is happening? We have not dropped anything in the sink! Will be contacting dealer and Montana to see about a fix.
We bought a 2006 3670 and have been wintering in Yuma.My wife noticed a defect in one sink and a small crack from it after we got here.We bought it in Amarillo,TX and will be taking it in for this and a couple of other minor things we have found that need repairs.
texdeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 12:07 PM   #18
krvk
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3191
I had called Keystone about the cracks in our sink and they told me to take pictures and get back with my dealer. On 3/6/06 I sent pictures via email to my dealer. Due to a death in family I was not able get back with dealer untill 3/27/06. The dealer responded back today (3/30/06), they had contacted Keystone and Keystone said "they would not take any action because we are (8) months out of warranty". We don't know how long the cracks have been there, we just happen to notice them on 3/6/06. We will be contacting Keystone again to see if we can't work some thing out.
krvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 01:21 PM   #19
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Our sink has a small chip in the bottom...I now use a plastic dishpan while doing dishes. I wonder if Keystone has anything that could be used to fix cracks and chips?
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 02:40 AM   #20
Dano
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4721
From what everyone has said so far, is now making me wonder if our sinks have cracks in them? Have not noticed a leak, but then again, haven't really looked. I have slammed the bag of ice on the counter before but not in the sink. I remember thinking at the time about the counter cracking, but then made my drink & forgot about it! We'll have to check it out when we get "home" tonight. Our sink is all one piece with the counter. DHenry -- It seems like you could be able to cut out the sink and put a drop in one in. Hmmmm...
Wife of Dano
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote