Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2014, 06:18 AM   #1
The Dukes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7451
PullRite ISR Super Glide hitch

I'm thinking of buying a new sliding hitch and the PullRite ISR Super Glide seems to have the features I'm looking for.

Looking for any comments good or bad regarding this hitch.

Warren

The Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:10 PM   #2
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
We upgraded a little over a year ago and probably have over 9,000 miles on our PullRite ISR Super Glide 18K. We had a Reese 16K slider which was too close to the weight of the Montana, and was a pain to slide when having to do tight maneuvers. I keep a can of WD40 in the driver's door pocket to lube the hitch each morning prior to hooking up. It has been totally trouble free and like any new piece of equipment, you will have to get used to connecting and dis-connecting. The only thing about the PullRite is, you have to be almost straight with the trailer to connect or dis-connect. You will need a wrench to fit the adjusting bolt that keeps tension on the slide, so it isn't sloppy when towing or slamming around when not hooked up. I have been very happy with this hitch, very well made In The USA, which was a plus.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:33 PM   #3
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
Also Pullrite customer service is very good. I called them with issues about adjusting the stopper on the slide and they helped. Also helped me when I had to order new rails. I didn't lube it when I first got it and put big gouges in it. My bad.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:02 PM   #4
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
I'm very happy with our Superglide hitch. Glad I bought it. I have the removable mounting pin kit installed so if I remove the hitch there are no rails, just a flat bed. I agree that the only possible drawback is the hitch/unhitch angle limitation (it has yet to be a problem). I use 3 in 1 oil to lubricate my hitch and capture plate mating surfaces every time before I hook up. Worry free towing with my short bed truck. Recommended!!
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:22 PM   #5
h2ojocky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13025
I also have the Superglide that does not leave behind rails in truck. Bed is left with only 4 small holes. Only problem is the hitch is heavy to remove. I use a 12v winch installed from rafters in garage.
h2ojocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:30 PM   #6
MDL
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13959
The PullRite SuperGlide is a great hitch. I've had my 18K for 7 years and it's been very reliable. Agree that the limited angle can be an issue, but the clean bed when removed outweighs any angle limit. Hasn't really been a problem overall. Weight is an issue. At home I remove mine a lot. Funny, I use a manual cable boat winch to crank it up, then stow the pins on the hitch, put 1" plastic plugs in the bed, then connect some safety chains to distribute the weight on the ceiling. Great hitch overall. I think you can get the idea from this photo.
MDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:52 AM   #7
The Dukes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7451
Thanks to all for the info. I've gone ahead and purchased the hitch from my Monty dealer as he gave me a price close enough to the online prices that it was worthwhile to deal with him and have a place to deal with warrantee problems if they should crop up.

Mark, I wish my garage was as neat as yours! I doing a similar arrangement with a chain hoist for hitch removal.

Thanks again all, wd
The Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:04 AM   #8
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
WOW Mark! That is one fine looking organized garage!
Old 02-27-2014, 05:20 PM   #9
MDL
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13959
Please note the shot was pointed up! You didn't see all the "stuff" stored on the floor on the other side of the band saw from my old trailer. I swear it must weigh 1,000 lbs and is about 4'x4'x6'. Can't wait for the Monty to arrive...any day now!!!!! Maybe this weekend!

Warren, I really think you'll be very happy with the hitch. It's been virtually pain free for us. I did find that I have the old style roller bearing and just received the new style that I'll swap it with. At the same time I picked up their graphite spay. I'll clean the grease off and see how well it works. Maybe it will be better than lithium grease.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by JandC

WOW Mark! That is one fine looking organized garage!
Old 02-27-2014, 05:24 PM   #10
MDL
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13959
Warren, one thing that may be important for you. Although I use a single rafter to haul the hitch up with, I secure it between 3 different rafters to distribute the weight. This is under our bonus room, so I don't want a couch ending up on the car! Also, note that it's a very snug fit onto the bed pins and often takes a little wiggling, then a crank, wiggle some more, then crank, when it clears it's all good however. It's funny as it does do about 1 full, slow 360 rotation on the way up. Just watch that it doesn't bind as you pull it off the pins. Again, don't want that couch above on the car down below!

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by The Dukes

Thanks to all for the info. I've gone ahead and purchased the hitch from my Monty dealer as he gave me a price close enough to the online prices that it was worthwhile to deal with him and have a place to deal with warrantee problems if they should crop up.

Mark, I wish my garage was as neat as yours! I doing a similar arrangement with a chain hoist for hitch removal.

Thanks again all, wd