Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2019, 07:54 AM   #1
madeforeachother
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6748
2016 3711FL black and grey valve locations

Hi all, We are having a problem with the cables to open and close the black/grey tank valves. I want to replace the valves and cables but the underbelly is fastened in such a way that it will be destroyed trying to remove it. The alternative method is cut the underbelly where the valves are located, do the repair and gorilla tape the 3 sided flap back. Has anyone done this with the 3711FL and know the exact location of the said valves and where to to cut the underbelly? Thank you for any input.

madeforeachother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 01:16 PM   #2
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
So you probably have the corolla st attached via the nail pins instead of screws and washers like it is on mine. I have seen on the forum where others have pulled out the nails and went back to screws and washers. That is the way I would go, but nothing wron with the flap method and gorilla tape IF YOU COULD say for sure where the valves were on yours. If you take out the nails from the rear most part of the coroplast, you want bend it down to see were things are. You really need to take the bottom off to make it easy to run the new cabling anyway. And it is a very much easier job if you cut the three inch sewer pipe after the valve to allow total access to slip in the new valve. Use a 3 inch rubber no hub coupling from the big box stores to fit the pipe back together. If you try to slip in the new valve without creating more gap, you will dislodge the rubber gaskets on each side of the valve multiple times, it will leak, and you will end up taking it apart multiple times. Also after draining the tanks, lower the nose so that nothing can flow out when you take the valves out.
Old 09-21-2019, 01:18 PM   #3
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Didn't catch the spell checker changing my words. Corolla st was supposed to be coroplast, that corrogated polypropylene bottom.
Old 09-21-2019, 04:50 PM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
You can get under the nails and pry them out. Takes a while, but doable.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote