Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2024, 10:53 AM   #1
Sprky

M.O.C. #33951
Broken window

I rubbed a tree last weekend and broke the window in the door. It was dark and I couldn’t see. Lippert quoted a price of 400 dollars. Is there some place cheaper? Do you think a local glass guy could handle this? Is there anything special I need to know? I’m new to the fifth wheel. I tow a cargo trailer all the time. But this 41 footer is a whole new beast.

Oh it’s a 3950br

Sprky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 01:25 PM   #2
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Rec Pro has this glass replacement but I did not check dimensions against our Montana doors - which came from Lippert. If it was my door I would sure try to figure out how to do the replacement myself.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-03-21_14-23-34.png
Views:	17
Size:	266.7 KB
ID:	16718  
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 02:07 PM   #3
Hblick48
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21903
Check with your local glass shop. Vandals broke 2 of my windows. Local glass company replaced for under $300
Hblick48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 06:19 PM   #4
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
What year Montana do you have?
Older models used a two piece frame that screwed together and pinched the glass in between. .Newer models use a two piece frome but the window is held in by a rubber grommet (for lack of a better term).

Both are easy to remove and have a glass shop fab up a replacement piece. You can also make a trip to Los Algadones, Mexico (outside Yuma, AZ) and buy a stained glass replacement for relatively little.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 10:53 AM   #5
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Agree with using a good, local mom-&-pop glass shop. Remove the glass frame from the door and take it to a glass shop. They'll be able to replace it, probably with one pretty close to the original. No clue what they would charge though.

I had window screens re-screened on several from my house this last year. Some of the screens were so bad, the screens were completely gone and the frames came apart. They were able to fix all of them, and even made a brand new one for me for one that was completely a gonner.

I think, that would be a good choice. Check the internet for "Window Glass Repair" and then the name of your city and state. See what pops up, then make a few phone calls.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote