Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-30-2011, 03:12 AM   #1
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
Dimplex Fireplace

Model is BF8000ST and I am having problems with the electric heat part of it. When I turn the heater on it heats for about 5 min. and then no more heat. Keeps blowing but no heat. Any ideas as to what it might be? My guess is probably the thermostat.

Dave

Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:19 AM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Not intending to be smart alack but is your thermostat control to the max high heat position or down low. If the control is max high heat then yes I agree. Call them and see what they say. Their support has been great as posted by many members.
Best of luck, let us know what you find.
Semper Fidelis,
Merry Christmas.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:44 AM   #3
mobil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10437
I had the same problem with mine. It got to where the heat/blower would shutoff after only 30 sec. I called Dimplex, gave the model#, serial#, and date of purchase. They asked a few questions and decided to send a new heater/blower assembly and rewire kit. It came in two days but was damaged in transit(squirrel cage was crushed). Called them up again, they sent another right away. I installed it as per their instructions, took about an hour. Works great now. Good company to deal with. Very happy with them.
mobil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:11 AM   #4
farmboy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9087
Send a message via Yahoo to farmboy
My thought is that there may be a hi-temp limit sw. getting weak and it is shutting it down like in an electric dryer. Just a thought.
farmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:20 AM   #5
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Ours did same . They replaced the moyor and heat component and no more troubles. Excellent ser. Larry
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:51 AM   #6
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
John, not taking it as being smart, I have done dumber things LOL. Called them today and was on hold for over an hour and I was 6th in line when I called. Gave up and emailed them. Got a quick response from them stating it was being sent to tech support and should hear from them in 3 days. Not quite what I was expecting after hearing nothing but good out of here on Dimplex.

Will let you know when I do get through to them because I don't trust the email to go anywhere really. We will see.

Thanks all
Dave
Old 11-30-2011, 02:53 PM   #7
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by farmboy

My thought is that there may be a hi-temp limit sw. getting weak and it is shutting it down like in an electric dryer. Just a thought.
I will have to go along with this thery
Old 12-01-2011, 06:32 AM   #8
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Dave, I have the same model fireplace that would shut down after a few minutes. I pulled it out of the cabinet and it ran fine. I suspected it wasn't pulling enough air through the vents in the bottom of the unit because it was too close to the cabinet floor, causing the high limit swith to shut it down. I opened every other row of louvers (sp?) in the panel with a dremel tool, reinstalled and all is well now.
Searchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:28 AM   #9
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Don, did your fireplace work good for the first year and this happen? Mine worked good last year but will look into it. Anything is a possibility for sure.

Thanks
Dave
Old 12-02-2011, 02:03 AM   #10
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Dave,
Have you pulled the fireplace out and checked all the wiring. You may have a loose wire connection. If you have not done that I strongly recommend it. I had one get so loose it burned the wire and melted the plastic.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:20 AM   #11
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Champ_49

Don, did your fireplace work good for the first year and this happen? Mine worked good last year but will look into it. Anything is a possibility for sure.

Thanks
Dave
Dave, I thought you were talking about a new unit. Ours worked fine for the few minutes we had it on during the original PDI, but failed the first time during extended use. I elected not to tow it the 500 mile round trip back to the dealer for repair. I agree with others that Dimplex is geat on customer service, so you may want to contact them again.
Searchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:38 AM   #12
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Thanks everyone. Today I will pull the fireplace and see whats back there. Sounds like I need to do this anyway with the reports on here of things that have happened. Sometimes laziness is just not the answer.......lol

Will let you know what I find if in fact I do find anything.

Dave
Old 12-02-2011, 09:28 AM   #13
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Finally got through to Dimplex today. Sending new blower and heater assembly. Be here within a week. I did take the unit out and no loose wires, nothing out of the ordinary as far as looking at it.

Dave
Old 12-09-2011, 01:05 AM   #14
dmacy
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8921
I had the same problem with mine. Dimplex sent me a new panel that would let more air in. It seems that there wasn't enough air entering the unit and it would overheat. The snap disk on top of the unit would shut the unit down. Everything worked fine with the unit out. As soon as I put it back in place it would kick out after a couple of minutes. It seems the unit still did not get enough air. I cut a hole in the side of the cabinet and put in a 4"x10" floor vent in the hole and the problem was solved.
dmacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:41 AM   #15
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Ok got the blower heater assembly from Dimplex and installed it. Simple install, done in about 1/2 hour. Cured the problem and everything is now working fine. Dimplex is very easy to work with, just getting ahold of them was the difficult part. But once you get through the wait its a good experience. Thanks everone for the help, appreciate it a lot.

Dave