Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-09-2018, 09:51 AM   #21
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
Thanks topjustice. One of the other forum members suggested that MORryde reel to me offline. It looks like a great way to store the overweight monster snake. I like it much better than the one that has the electrical connections built in. I currently store mine near the outside plug. Just tossed in. I've been moving "stuff" around recently to balance weight so will most likely store it in the starboard bow basement after I get the reel.

Old 01-09-2018, 11:55 AM   #22
topjustice
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19835
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterdrago View Post
Thanks topjustice. One of the other forum members suggested that MORryde reel to me offline. It looks like a great way to store the overweight monster snake. I like it much better than the one that has the electrical connections built in. I currently store mine near the outside plug. Just tossed in. I've been moving "stuff" around recently to balance weight so will most likely store it in the starboard bow basement after I get the reel.
I believe it was I that suggested it to you offline. I've already purchased mine. All I need now is a Montana which I will order next month. Have you had any issues since you have had yours?
topjustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:18 PM   #23
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Quote:
We also opted for the non-Legacy for all the reasons you stated. Too many things to go wrong with all the electronic controls for me. The only thing I really missed was the remote for the power awning and I bought one for $15 and installed it myself. Came with 2 key fob controllers and works great.
With regard to the power cord, 3 years ago I bought the smallest one (open face) from MorRyde while at the national rally. Cost $80. Mounted it in the street side rear storage compartment right next to the Montanas connection and makes handling it a breeze. Never have to pick up the entire cord at one time and is always where I need it to be.
Also being a retired trucker I don't really see the need for a rear camera. Logged over 3 million miles without one and feel if you use your mirrors properly you should pretty much know what is going on behind you anyway. The window shades that came in ours suit us just fine too. Good at blacking out room.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:38 PM   #24
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
Topjustice, so far we are really enjoying ours. We're having the carport installed in a week or two - waiting on scheduling. Only real issue is that I've not figured out why we are having an intermittent furnace issue which is related to water getting in the intake area. Causes failure to ignite until the water dries out. It might be related to rain getting in during travel but still need to check the shower plumbing. Recently I learned that all the water does not drain from the pump during freeze protection. Did not want to use antifreeze because we will be using off and on during winter.

WeBeFulltime, I'm still having a bad learning curve on backing it up into spaces and driveway. The truck mirrors are fine once I learned how to extend them. The 25 foot pontoon was never an issue. Joy and I use a good set of headphone full duplex talkies but she has a problem with left/right/east/west/up/down. She is good to let me know when I'm getting out of lane or near a branch but I have to know how to correct. Need to go practice in a big empty parking area. Now that holidays are over, that might work. And yes, our shades seem to work very well, although if I were a day sleeper, darker might be better.
Old 01-09-2018, 03:26 PM   #25
topjustice
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19835
Quote:
Topjustice, so far we are really enjoying ours. We're having the carport installed in a week or two - waiting on scheduling. Only real issue is that I've not figured out why we are having an intermittent furnace issue which is related to water getting in the intake area. Causes failure to ignite until the water dries out. It might be related to rain getting in during travel but still need to check the shower plumbing. Recently I learned that all the water does not drain from the pump during freeze protection. Did not want to use antifreeze because we will be using off and on during winter.

WeBeFulltime, I'm still having a bad learning curve on backing it up into spaces and driveway. The truck mirrors are fine once I learned how to extend them. The 25 foot pontoon was never an issue. Joy and I use a good set of headphone full duplex talkies but she has a problem with left/right/east/west/up/down. She is good to let me know when I'm getting out of lane or near a branch but I have to know how to correct. Need to go practice in a big empty parking area. Now that holidays are over, that might work. And yes, our shades seem to work very well, although if I were a day sleeper, darker might be better.
Regarding the water lines and pump, you might consider buying a Porter Cable doughnut compressor to blow out the water. I've seen them as low as $99 and they have other valuable uses as well. I used to blow out my travel trailer, and believe me it gets it all out. Now we just go with the antifreeze since there's no winter use where I live. You just screw in compressor attachment (below) in the convenience center and open all of the faucets one at a time, including the outdoor shower.
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-36143-B...QHQSE54ZAE0ET1

Let us know how you solve the furnace issue when you figure it out.
topjustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 06:00 PM   #26
Briarglenn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6613
In Oct I purchased a MorRyde reel for my '11 3625. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Couldn't transfer it to my '18 3790RD fast enough. Love it, so simple
Briarglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:49 AM   #27
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briarglenn View Post
In Oct I purchased a MorRyde reel for my '11 3625. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This is the one I have also. Works great!

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:40 AM   #28
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briarglenn View Post
Purchased for my last 5er and transferred to the new one. Great product! I think I paid $87 total from eTrailer.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:02 AM   #29
shovelhead86
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10985
1st night in the new 3791 RD.

staying in Camping Worlds lot in Cocoa Florida. So excited . Its 3 am and I cnt sleep. so here I am on the computer. i think I am going to like this rig. It is a lot bigger than our 3475. Only about 3.5 ft longer but it seems so big. Did not find much wrong on the PDI. 2 missing struts on storage compartment doors and a missing screw in a door handle.
shovelhead86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:26 AM   #30
speedster100
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17566
We have the 2015 3790RD, honestly I used the rear camera once and put it back in the bag and it is sitting in the console of the truck. I didn't like it at all, I've drove trucks off & on most of my life and mirrors are my best friend. Couldn't handle watching the dash instead of the mirrors so I put it away. I think the arial has fallen off the back but don't really care as we don't use it. I know some that like them and a few that bought them and don't really use them such as ourselves. We do luv the trailer though, it is great for long term living....
speedster100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:05 PM   #31
Cindy and Ray's Grand Tour
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21053
Bought my 3791RD today

Did the PDI and paid my bill today. I am having it stored for free until it warms up in March. Then it is off to National Park RV campground about 5 miles from my house that has large enough slots. We will live in it while we move needed household items from the house to the trailer. May have to move between nearby parks as I think they have 2 week limits but that will just give me practice hooking up and moving.

Eventually we will sell the house and hit the road with the Montana. Hope to end up in Texas and establish residency there. Too many taxes and too much traffic in Northern Virginia.
Cindy and Ray's Grand Tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:59 PM   #32
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
That is a nice one. We were going to get that model, but measured it and found it would not fit in my shop.
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:13 AM   #33
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottz View Post
That is a nice one. We were going to get that model, but measured it and found it would not fit in my shop.
As Commander Eddington said in the 1965 movie "IN Harm's Way, "It's a really big boy. Really big".
Old 01-16-2018, 09:15 AM   #34
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
Scottz, I bet if you get that rig going fast enough you can get in the shop.
waynemoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:21 AM   #35
Lenny K
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14417
Welcome Soon 2B snowbird and congrats on your new rig.

Lenny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:34 PM   #36
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
Quote:
As Commander Eddington said in the 1965 movie "IN Harm's Way, "It's a really big boy. Really big".
Best movie ever.

"Old Rock of Ages, we've got ourselves another war. A gut bustin', mother-lovin' Navy war."

"A fast ship going in harm's way"
Old 01-16-2018, 12:34 PM   #37
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemoore View Post
Scottz, I bet if you get that rig going fast enough you can get in the shop.
Yes, but only once.
Old 02-02-2019, 08:42 AM   #38
Joe Hollars
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22879
Maiden Voyage 2019 3791RD. Finally got some Sunshine!
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190131_105606jh.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	281.1 KB
ID:	3064
Joe Hollars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 09:32 AM   #39
shovelhead86
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10985
we have been ENJOYING our 2018 3791 RD for a year now. no real problems. Replaced the toilet for a Dometic. I am currently experiencing some furnace issues. It won't ignite. Fan runs but that is all. I will have to get someone that knows all about them to look at it. I took the grille off and wiggled all the wires and got it to work for a couple of weeks. now I can't get it to fire up.
shovelhead86 is offline   Reply With Quote