Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC / Mid-Atlantic-Virginia Region
Click Here to Login

Old 07-27-2016, 12:35 AM   #41
egregg57
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15998
Send a message via Yahoo to egregg57
One more thing!

Actually, two!

1. I have a good number of first names. If you have just a screen name or handle, can you help me out with the first names of those that will be attending from your family? I would greatly appreciate it!

2. I have been a Rally Master for other Rally's with other groups. At those Rallys, a member or members had a desire to do specific things. Those different items where put on a white board (if the event was open to anyone that wanted to go) with a day and time. The group interested in going would meet up at the designated time and off they went.

This gave everyone a chance to jump in and participate and plan around scheduled things. It has worked pretty well.

I have noticed in reading some of the MOC rally threads that there is quite a bit more organization!

If you would prefer something a little more rigid, please let me know! If the majority wishes to have excursions planned in advance, I can do that! But time is of the essence!

Please respond in the thread, or send me a PM. I am more than happy to accomodate!

Thank you very much!

Tina and I are looking forward to meeting you all.

Eric

egregg57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 04:22 AM   #42
spikedog
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #17632
We appreciate the time and effort you are expending as a pinch-hitter wagon master! We have not been to Williamsburg since 1975, and then we sat in the rain for two days. REALLY looking forward to going! We are comfortable with the white board; it has always worked for us. Probable everyone wants to tour the historical district; are there any group discounts or such for which we could preorder tickets? Sure want to overindulge at that seafood buffet one night. We want to go to the naval museum too. Our first stop in a new area is usually the Visitors Center as an excellent source of info.
spikedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 04:35 AM   #43
egregg57
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15998
The visitors center for Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown are all top notch. I will make some calls about group discounts for them. That's a good idea.

If no one else goes, you can count us in on the seafood! More to follow!
Old 07-28-2016, 12:58 AM   #44
egregg57
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15998
Current available Discounts and Offers

Colonial Williamsburg:

Military Active/Retired 50% off one day pass, or 50% off annual pass to include up to 5 Dependents to Colonial Williamsburg.

Summer Bounce Ticket: Includes Colonial Williamsburg sites, Busch Gardens, Water Country includes parking 7 consecutive days $138.00
America's Historic Triangle Ticket: Colonial Williamsburg, Historic Jamestowne, Jamestown Settlement, Yorktown Victory Center, and Yorktown Battlefield for seven consecutive days 89.25
Williamsburg Flex Ticket: Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens, Water Country, Historic Jamestowne, Jamestown Settlement, Yorktown Victory Center, and Yorktown Battlefield for seven consecutive days 195.75.

I have the ability to Purchase tickets at a discounted price For:

Busch Gardens: Gate Price is $77.00. Discounted Price is $53.50
Water Country USA: Gate price $52.00. Discounted price is $32.50
Kings Dominion and Soak City: Gate price $66.00 Discounted $45.50

These are offered through my Corporate Portal here at work. There would be a good amount of money involved here, and I don't see any other way than for me to purchase them and then to be reimbursed by those wanting the tickets. So yikes! Perhaps we could use Paypal? I don't know! Please chime in if you have a good idea.

More to follow...

Old 07-28-2016, 01:41 AM   #45
egregg57
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15998
The following is a link to download an APP to your phone. It's called Colonial Williamsburg Explorer: All packed and ready for your trip? With an interactive map, a daily events calendar, and turn-by-turn directions, the Colonial Williamsburg Explorer will help you find everything you need to make the most of your visit. Locate historic buildings, shopping, dining, transportation, and more.

https://www.colonialwilliamsburg.com/plan/cw-explorer/
Old 07-28-2016, 02:50 AM   #46
scott-pati
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12894
Thanks Eric, can't wait!!!

Scott
scott-pati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 01:27 PM   #47
egregg57
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15998
More info (hopefully not confusing!)

Ticket prices are for adults. Children cost less, and are still counted in as a member.

Additional discounts (Senior, AARP, Military ) may or may not apply.

Group Colonial Williamsburg 1 day ticket (15+ people): $21.00 each.

Jamestown Settlement and Yorktown Victory Center (15+ people): Combo ticket allows one visit to each location over a 7 day period $23.15 each

4 site Jamestown Settlement, Historic Jamestowne, Yorktown Victory Center, and Yorktown Battlefield: $32.25 each

Waiting for call back from Busch Gardens on thier group rate. I do know it will be for 15 or more people as well.
Old 07-29-2016, 03:08 AM   #48
scott-pati
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12894
Here's another short list that we found to do as well:

Virginia Air & Space center
RiverWalk Landing
Miss Hampton II Harbor Cruise
100 Miles of Lights
City Centre of Oyster Point
Mariners Museum
Downtown Smithfield
Planters Peanut Center

Man this area is packed with stuff to do! This may turn out to be our go to place every year!!!

We personally may not do any of the theme parks because we live only 30 min from most of them here in Florida and have lifetime passes on SeaWorld, Busch Gardens and Adventure Island Water Park.
Old 07-29-2016, 06:21 AM   #49
egregg57
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15998
There is quite a bit to do and way too much to do and see in a weeks visit. That is for sure.

Tina and I are coming up with a few things we want to do. WilliamsBurg is 1, Busch Gardens is 2, another is a carriage ride we have missed for one reason or another on our previous visits. We are celebrating our anniversary whIle we are there.

We are trying to avoid booking everyday because we don't want to be on a hard schedule. So there is a balance we're trying to maintain (we'll see how that goes)

I have done the harbor cruise a long time ago. It was nice.

Hopefully, as a group, we can nail a couple things down, and then run amok as we see fit!

Now all we need is a little good luck with weather and we are golden.

I believe we are hooking up with CW3JASON on our way down, and will caravan with them to arrive late Saturday or early Sunday. I need to check with the DW and Jason and Wendy to be sure I know what I am doing LOL!

Getting close!
Old 07-29-2016, 10:41 AM   #50
Chiplynne
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13144
Glad to see everything coming together. We will be spending a week in Virginia Beach on the way up,(Indian Cove Resort). We are hanging loose as far as activities go - will see when we get there. Thanks to all that have researched things to do.
Chip, Lynne & Mysti
Chiplynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 12:38 AM   #51
egregg57
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15998
three weeks! Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock!
Old 08-01-2016, 03:30 AM   #52
scott-pati
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12894
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by egregg57

three weeks! Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock!
I see someone is excited!!!

Will have admit, we are too!
Old 08-03-2016, 12:28 AM   #53
egregg57
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15998
So our route is finalized. We are leaving Thursday the 18th in the evening to Wilderness Lake Campground in Connecticut to over night. We'll be on the road early to arrive in Williamsburg in the early evening of the 19th.

We had toyed with going 81 and arriving the 20th but Tina would much prefer us to have some time on our anniversary to celebrate our anniversary. Hopefully we'll be early enough to go out to dinner.

We'll be there early enough to be all set up and ready to welcome the group!

Old 08-03-2016, 06:06 AM   #54
cw3jason
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17256
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by egregg57

So our route is finalized. We are leaving Thursday the 18th in the evening to Wilderness Lake Campground in Connecticut to over night. We'll be on the road early to arrive in Williamsburg in the early evening of the 19th.

We had toyed with going 81 and arriving the 20th but Tina would much prefer us to have some time on our anniversary to celebrate our anniversary. Hopefully we'll be early enough to go out to dinner.

We'll be there early enough to be all set up and ready to welcome the group!

Excellent. We are leaving Mid day Friday the 19th and will be taking our time. plan on taking the scenic route and will be checking in around noon on Sunday the 21st. looks like both girls are coming with us and Wendy and the girls are departing on Saturday the 27th to be home for work. I will head back home on the 28th.
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 06:09 AM   #55
egregg57
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15998
excellent! we havent seen the girls in a while!
Old 08-15-2016, 09:42 AM   #56
egregg57
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15998
We are wicked close! Just 4 days until we leave! 7 Days till kick off!

Safe travels all! Here's to health and good weather!

Eric
Old 08-16-2016, 06:13 AM   #57
spikedog
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #17632
We are at Kiptopeke State Park on the Shore until Sunday. Beautiful over here!
Don and Gwen Sewell
Old 08-16-2016, 07:56 AM   #58
egregg57
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15998
Haven't heard of that one. Tina and I stayed at Cherrystone CG (western side of the Eastern Shore) in June. We arrived at sunset. It was absolutely gorgeous. I'll throw in a picture if I can.

Old 08-17-2016, 04:23 AM   #59
spikedog
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #17632
That is beautiful! We have stayed at Cherrystone, too. Cherrystone is about 8 miles north of Kiptopeke SP. this is where the ferry came in before the Bay Bridge Tunnel was built. We are about 80 miles from Williamsburg.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:01 AM   #60
Chiplynne
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13144
We also lie-in-waiting in Virginia Beach about 80 miles from American Heritage. Only 4 more days 'til we join together. Found a place to get a lobster roll here called "Bite of Maine". Problem is they are only open Friday, Saturday, & Sunday. I'm drooling - only 2 more days.

See ya'll soon, Chip & Lynne.
Chiplynne is offline   Reply With Quote