Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2018, 09:50 PM   #21
suny07
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21337
I also taped clear gorilla tape over the LED strips.
Maybe overkill but time will tell

BTW, that LED strip install is a real stupid thing lying on your back, cleaning the belly of your rig - look like ... after that
Another argument to take stuff which per reputation will live as long as your rig.
I hope it will. If not I'll take the cheaper rout next time.

suny07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 10:09 PM   #22
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Suny07,

I have no doubt that the Boogy lights will last longer than the Wal Mart lights. I just don't know if they will last long enough to justify the price difference. It's not that I am cheap, I just saw another readily available option.

As for the laying under the rig, mine is brand new so it doesn't even have dust under it yet. I needed to look at a couple of things that required partially removing the corplast anyway so while I was at it I added the lights.

Oh as evidence that I am not a cheap skate, while I was laying under there looking at the absolute junk corplast they use to cover the belly, the whole time I was thinking I should install aluminum sheet metal with hinged access hatches at critical points (like to get to the water tank plumbing for example).........Now that would be an expensive under (no pun intended) taking.......
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 09:12 AM   #23
dhenry3
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18670
Lizard lights

I have a set of Lizard lights that the Goldwing folks use. Great product with a great price. They are made for wet conditions. Made by Kuryakin.
dhenry3 is offline   Reply With Quote