Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2012, 10:02 AM   #1
berridge
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6415
Red Propane Regulator

Although this topic has been discussed before I feel it is a safety issue and so of interest to new members. Upon opening the door side propane tank (the one with the red regulator) I could hear a hiss as the gas moved from the tank into the system. However I soon realized that the hiss sound did not stop and soon found the source- it was gas coming through the little hole in the top of the regulator. The regulator had gone bad and needed to be replaced. From now on I will take a moment to make sure the sound of the gas flow does not continue and that the regulator is operating properly!

berridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:40 AM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Mine went bad last year. Although I did not hear a hissing sound (or maybe it was just my poor hearing ), each time I opened the door to that tank I would get a whiff of propane odor. Could not find a leak anywhere (including the regulator) with soapy water, but replaced the red regulator anyway. No more odor. Appeared the leak was on the bottom of mine, small hole with discoloration around it.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote