Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2011, 09:38 AM   #1
Krusher
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11244
3750FL Living Room TV Question

For those of you that own a 3750FL, how do you get behind the living room TV to check/change/add connections? I want to add a HDMI cable for my Direct TV receiver, and just can't figure out how to get the TV released from the mount. Thought I would ask before I break something.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and replies.

Krusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:45 AM   #2
boje
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8761
If I understand you correctly, it sounds like your mount is snapped in place. In my unit, I can gently pull the TV towards me, and it will release. I can get behind the TV then.
boje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:51 AM   #3
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
That is odd, ours is on a swivel mount that I did not think locked in place. It came with a strap that we use to secure the TV when traveling. I am curious if they are using a new type of mount now or if I can lock mine down somehow??? I do remember looking at the mount assembly and didn't think it locked. We can access our connections (with difficulty) by swiveling the TV from side to side.
Bingo
On edit: after reading Boje's post, I think I will be trying his method to see if ours locks also. Will check over the Easter weekend, which is our first trip out this year.

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:59 AM   #4
Krusher
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11244
It certainly appears to be in a locked or travel position, as it's tight up against the back of the entertainment unit, and I didn't want to pull on it until I asked. Thanks, I'll give it tug next time out.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:03 AM   #5
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
This has really got me curious. I thought the mounts that Keystone used were Mor-ryde's so I got on their web-site and looked to see if they had something that appeared the same as what I remember. As seen in the attached installation manual, the only one that is close to the style that we have is:

TV Mount

This one appears to have a pull knob at the bottom that I don't remember. Guess I have some homework to do in a couple of weeks. Please let us know what you find out, as I may have the same type of mount.

Bingo
Old 04-11-2011, 10:06 AM   #6
Krusher
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11244
Nice find Bingo, I'll have to look before I tug on it and pull the mount off the wall.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:14 AM   #7
boje
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8761
Bingo - The link to the TV mount you posted is not like my TV mount. Perhaps Keystone changed as they continued production.
boje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:19 AM   #8
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Boje,
I don't know if that is the correct mount or not, it is the only similar one on the Mor-Ryde site that I could find. This is one of those cases where a picture would be worth a thousand posts if anyone can provide some. It will be two weeks before we are back in the rig and I can take pics. Do either of you have a strap as well to hold the TV in place??
Bingo
Old 04-11-2011, 10:34 AM   #9
Krusher
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11244
Bingo, yes my unit has a strap, but for the life of me don't know why. As I mentioned, mine seems to be in a "locked for travel" position, tight up against the back of the entertainment center. I won't be back out in it until the first week in May, but will report back on what I find if others don't get to it first.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #10
Parts Ed
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11144
Just for giggles I jumped onto the Keystone website and looked up the 3750FL, boy those things are nice inside. Congrats to all of you who have one of them!!!

(Insert) Wayne and Garth "I am not worthy, I am not worthy"

Parts Ed
Parts Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:03 PM   #11
hikerdoc
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10717
Send a message via Yahoo to hikerdoc
Unfortunately I have had to get behind the TV on our 3750 on a trip last week. Our Samsung TV went on the blink, it would turn on, flash a picture on and off for 3 cycles, then the screen would go completely dark, sound continuing to be ok. The TV should pull out and away from the wall with gentle pulling. It is on a swivel arm for optimal viewing depending on which side of the room is in use. It then is pushed back into travelling position with an audible click. (At least this is how ours works on our 2010.) The only reason I know this was through several conversations with the service people at our dealer last week trying to figure out if the issue was TV related, or some other problem. On a bright note, Keystone is coming through with a $900 credit toward a new TV. They really came through for us. Hope that helps.
hikerdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:24 PM   #12
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Bill,
Did yours also come with a strap to tie around the TV?? Just wondering if there is a difference between the 2010 and 2011 models. I will be going to the rig this weekend to get it prepped for the Easter trip so I will definitely be looking at the mount. Curiosity has arisen!!
Bingo
Old 04-11-2011, 02:45 PM   #13
hikerdoc
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10717
Send a message via Yahoo to hikerdoc
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

Bill,
Did yours also come with a strap to tie around the TV?? Just wondering if there is a difference between the 2010 and 2011 models. I will be going to the rig this weekend to get it prepped for the Easter trip so I will definitely be looking at the mount. Curiosity has arisen!!
Bingo
Hey Bingo, I have no strap to tie around the TV. It sounds like Keystone may have changed the mounts. My Cougar fifth wheel did have the strap, but not this one. The mount we have is definitely tight enough to travel safely without any strap. Bill
hikerdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 03:40 AM   #14
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
OK....here goes. I have the 2011 3750FL and the production date is May 2010. The TV has a strap that goes around the front of the TV for travelling. We put kleenex around the connector so the TV will not get scratched. The TV is mounted on a swivel mount. Put your hands on both sides of the TV and gently pull straight out and the TV will be released for swiveling and access to the rear connectors. Center the TV and gently push back to return the mount to the locked position.
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:14 AM   #15
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Thanks Joe,
I would guess that I have a locking mount and didn't realize it. If it is, I suppose the strap acts as a secondary securing feature?? Now, the next question, does the TV swivel at all when it is pushed into it's locking position??? I know what I will be checking Saturday!! This is why I love this forum, the information gleaned is invaluable, and I didn't have to waste money in a Holiday Inn Express!!
Bingo
Old 04-12-2011, 10:47 AM   #16
Krusher
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11244
Bingo, the TV will swivel, if you want to call it that, only about 1/2 inch either way. Not really a swivel, more of a very slight twist, and certainly not enough to gain you any access behind the TV. It is pretty tight up against the back of the entertainment unit when in the "travel" position.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:01 AM   #17
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Yeah, I know about the 1/2", I squeezed my had back there to hook up the HDMI for the Directv. Like you, I was not aware that there was a way to release it, and I will sure be checking it out now!!
Bingo
Old 04-13-2011, 05:34 AM   #18
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

Thanks Joe,
I would guess that I have a locking mount and didn't realize it. If it is, I suppose the strap acts as a secondary securing feature?? Now, the next question, does the TV swivel at all when it is pushed into it's locking position??? I know what I will be checking Saturday!! This is why I love this forum, the information gleaned is invaluable, and I didn't have to waste money in a Holiday Inn Express!!
Bingo
Yes, the strap is a secondary securing feature. No, it does not swivel when it is pushed into it's locking position. Krusher....I believe the strap is to stop the 1/2" movement when in the locking position. Yours should be the same as mine. Bingo....you have helped me so much....glad I had the opportunity to return the favor.
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:07 PM   #19
Wheelhouse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11462
Be careful when removing the living room tv. Look in the upper cabinet for a few (LONG) square head screws that are directly screwed to the top of the tv through this cabinet. Also, look for a couple of (LONG) square head screws that are screwed to the bottom of the tv. These are located in the speaker cover holes between tv and lower compartment. After locating and removing them, the tv will slide out. The monster is heavy, so be careful.

After I pulled the tv out to replace it with flat screen I noticed I had enough room to add a cabinet opening along side my desk top. It works out well for fax/printers or extra storage. I will post pics later. I am new to this forum. Hope this helps
Wheelhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:19 PM   #20
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
That may well apply for many models, but not the 3750FL that this thread is discussing. And lo and behold, I did discover that the tv does have a mount that can be pulled out and pushed in to lock it in place. Learned something again from the MOC!!! Thanks again, Joe!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.