Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-24-2010, 03:23 AM   #1
Bill Brown
Established Member

M.O.C. #7678
12 Volt Rechargeable Flashlight

Mine bit the dust. Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do? Replacement? I don't want to buy one thru a dealer and have been unable to locate a suitable replacement from Retail stores. If you decided not to replace it, how did you modify the place where the old one was? Bill Brown

Bill Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:35 AM   #2
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
this came up a little while ago. someone had found a replacement i believe or batts for it. did you try a search on it?
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:04 AM   #3
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Bill,
If you are talking about the flashlight that comes with the rig...... forget about it! If yours is like mine it is basically useless! They provide just enough light to let you know that you need a REAL flashlight. Just buy a couple of lights from some local source and keep them handy. They would be much better than the ones that come with the rig. As you can tell I'm no friend of those "in house" flashlights.

Good luck.
Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:49 AM   #4
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Keystone told me good luck, the company is no more, thats for mine a 04, the thievin dirt bags stole mine when they broke in. Ive been looking for a simular type and as of now no luck at all.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:38 AM   #5
sfish
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10234
I found a similar sized one at Wal-Mart.It has been working fine.I was looking for a second one for the cabin and had to go too 3 different stores to find it ,but I did find one.
Good luck.
Steve
sfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:13 PM   #6
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I just bought a double C LED battery and it works great, keep in in a basket on the upper kitchen shelves. I think my holder is still on the end of the counter......
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:03 PM   #7
MuddyPaws
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2277
I've taken mine apart. It has two really cheap AA Ni-Cad batteries.

It's easy to take apart. If you've got a soldering iron it doesn't look like too big a deal to solder in a couple of new batteries. Ni-Mh batteries would do just fine.

Be quick when soldering to the batteries.

MuddyPaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:35 AM   #8
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MuddyPaws

I've taken mine apart. It has two really cheap AA Ni-Cad batteries.

It's easy to take apart. If you've got a soldering iron it doesn't look like too big a deal to solder in a couple of new batteries. Ni-Mh batteries would do just fine.

Be quick when soldering to the batteries.

Mine didn't have a battery problem, but the bulb burned out and I can't find a replacement. Of course I haven't checked China...
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:50 PM   #9
MuddyPaws
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2277
If there is any kind of number on the bulb you should be able to find it.

If you can take the bulb out try an outdoor store or even Camping World. Since the rechargeable batteries are 1.2 volts each a bulb that physically fits and has a voltage in the 2.4 to 3.5 volt range will probably work.

There may be a bulb number etched into the circuit board - that's a fairly common practice.

Good luck,
Muddypaws
MuddyPaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:07 AM   #10
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
The bulb was numberless. I took it to several stores including Radio Shack and couldn't find a replacement. Right now, with the trailer covered with snow, I've put finding a replacement on the back burner.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MuddyPaws

If there is any kind of number on the bulb you should be able to find it.

If you can take the bulb out try an outdoor store or even Camping World. Since the rechargeable batteries are 1.2 volts each a bulb that physically fits and has a voltage in the 2.4 to 3.5 volt range will probably work.

There may be a bulb number etched into the circuit board - that's a fairly common practice.

Good luck,
Muddypaws
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote