Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2010, 10:31 AM   #1
Bill Brown
Established Member

M.O.C. #7678
Winterization

I am trying to winterize my 2007 3295 RK. The winterization valve is on and the hot water heater bypass is on. I am still pumping all the antifreeze back to the hw heater. I don't remember having this much trouble before. Any suggestions?

Bill Brown

Bill Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:46 AM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
You probably need to remove the panel on the back of the convenience center in the basement so that you can get access to the valve connections for the hot water bypass. When the panel is removed, it should be obvious when the water pump is on if the valve is working or not (if the lines are the translucent white lines you will be able to see where the pink stuff is going). If the valve has went kaput, it can either be replaced or manually bypassed. Hope this helps.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 05:07 AM   #3
WorkerB
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8202
Bill,
Some bypass systems include a one way check valve at the cold water in of the water heater. You can see an arrow stamped into the brass indicating the direction of water flow. Sometimes that check valve goes bad. If that happens you can switch the bypass valve all you want and water will still go into the water heater. If needed, you can get a new replacement check valve at ACE Hardware for cheap.
Not saying this is your problem but it is a place to check.
Hope this helps.
WorkerB......John
WorkerB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 05:35 AM   #4
illapah
Montana Master

M.O.C. #666
I decided to try the air blow-out this year with no pink stuff. Hope all goes well.
illapah is offline   Reply With Quote