Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2010, 01:23 AM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Fall Rally in Full Swing

Well the Fall Rally is finally in full swing. We have a record number of rigs here. We have had 88 show up and the fairgrounds has bent over backwards to accommodate our every need. Yesterday we had a Keystone customer Care Seminar, a Mor/ryde seminar, a Lippert Components seminar and followed by a Dexter axle seminar. Dexter has a sale on the "Never Adjust" self-adjusting brakes and almost everyone that attended the seminar bought a set. Lippert had a huge rally special also. After all of this we all headed out to Tiara RV for our annual Pulled Pork dinner which as usual was excellent. I have tried unsuccessfully for the past three nights to get to bed early and sleep late. I would be lucky if I could get to bed by midnight and sleep past 0530 but that is not happening. Today is the Ladies driving school and the factory tours. This afternoon we will have "Mac The Fire Guy" (who graciously stayed here after the Escapees Rally just for us) present his VERY informative Fire and Life Safety Seminar. The Mennonite Relief sale starts today at the fairgrounds. So all in all it is busy. This is an awesome rally... Dave

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:15 AM   #2
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Cheer up Dave, You're almost half way there. I hope you gave yourself an extra day or two there before you leave so you can rest up. Last year we left right at the end of the rally and only made it about 100 miles before we collapsed. You're doing a job to be proud of and our thanks go out to you
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:38 AM   #3
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Go Dave!
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:49 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The factory tours were awesome. Many new changes and some prototypes none of which we can comment on. Montana will be pushing the envelope in the near future.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:37 AM   #5
drsmart
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10690
Glad everyone is having a good time. We hope to attend next year. It all sounds awesome.
After all the seminars and factory tours do you feel any more confident in the Montana chassis, leaf spring hangers, Axle U bolts, axle alignment, tires, etc, etc... ?
Just wondering if the many concerns I've been reading on the MOC are being addressed by Keystone.

This may have hit some the wrong way. You are all proud owners of your Montanas as we soon will be. We take delivery on Monday but have had the opportunity to check out our new rig a couple of times. I've taken quite a few photos inside as well as out, including the chassis and suspension. The attention to detail looks to be second to none. My time waiting from the initial order at the dealers to the time the unit came in has been spent researching mainly on this forum. Thanks to all the info we are replacing the Marathons with G614s as soon as we take possession. I'm also considering the X-factor from Mor Ryde.
There are probably members already asking these questions of the manufacturers at the rally. Just thought I'd try to get some feed back while you're all there. Just understand that my comments above are fueled by this forum. From what I've seen so far, Keystone has built an awesome new home away from home for the dear wife and I. We hope to enjoy many happy years in it.

Have a great time at the rally and a safe drive home.

Dave
drsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 05:41 PM   #6
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
From what we were told at the tour is that Burlington Graphics are out, Goodyear is in and wet bolt kits are now standard.
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:08 AM   #7
drsmart
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10690
Thanks c214dick. I'm surprised there isn't more feedback from the forum members attending the rally. Maybe after all the excitement is over there'll be one or two more responses. If this wasn't the place to post my question, I'll try another category.
drsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:08 PM   #8
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
It looks like a couple more standard options are bike receiver and a light at the "anaconda" connection that show a complete circuit.
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:34 PM   #9
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
drsmart

There is hardly time to sleep at this Rally, too many fun and interesting activities.

We shall be back after it is over.

Hope you can join us at one in the very near future!

Many of the concerns are addressed at this Rally, but since I personally did not attend any of the seminars on the subjects you specifically question, I'll let the guys and others answer.

Stay tuned!

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:10 AM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The seminars are still going on. It is difficult to relate the new things we hear at the seminars as everyone hears things a bit different then relate them different. Same with the factory tours.First there are some prototype and design issues that we can not relate yet and again we all hear things a bit different. Example...You may hear someone say that the big Sky will no longer be made...NOT TRUE..
The change is that you will have the option to order a BIG SKY PACKAGE when you order a Montana. The Big Sky will be the same Big Sky as always but will only be built on demand as a Montana with the Big sky package. That is how I heard it.....twice... As with all rallies and seminars and factory tours you sort of need to be there to hear it properly.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:21 AM   #11
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Hey Rich, is there any truth to the rumor that the new Big Sky will have 11 slide outs and an Olympic size swimming pool?
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:51 PM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Tom....You were not supposed to let that out.Now the competitors will have the secret. Bad, Bad.