Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 01-02-2007, 01:07 PM   #1
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
1st Unofficial Yuma Mini-Rally

After the 3rd Unofficial Lake Havasu Rally we traveled to Yuma and the Las Quinta Oasis RV Park arriving Saturday afternoon. Once again, we had not even finished parking and Dick (RLWHIT) walked by. He and his wife Toni are parked just down the road. On Sunday, Pam and Ray (RPHOWARD) arrived and parked next to us. This constituted the start of another mini-rally.

We snacked, drank, swapped stories, and watched football on Monday. A potluck dinner completed the evening.

A picture of the "group" (Dick, Ray, Pam, Susan, and Toni from left to right)
http://i17.tinypic.com/4i71ikw.jpg

Dinner time:
http://i12.tinypic.com/2hz5p3n.jpg
http://i10.tinypic.com/2e6aec1.jpg

There are five other Montanas here in the park. None of those owners can spell "MOC". We hope to provide them an education in our remaining time here.

Carl (& Susan) Youngren

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:14 PM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Carl and Susan
You are in good company. Looks like you got that adult beverage taken care of also. Enjoy.
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:47 PM   #3
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Looks as though all of you are having a great time. Ray, I like the hat
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:11 PM   #4
smc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3125
How long are you staying? We had to make an unscheduled trip to Alberta, but will be back Friday or Saturday depending on the weather. Just been checking, and it looks like we will hit snow all the way to Cedar City. Luckily we aren't pulling the Monty. Will just take our time and stop if we need to. After a 24 hour stint coming up here, we are definately taking our time going back!
smc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:06 AM   #5
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
You are with great people with Dick and Toni. Sue(SMC) is at your same park. Drive carefully Sue. Les and Julie are also in Yuma and Mel and Joy are a couple of miles from you also. Enjoy Las Quintas. It is one of our favorite parks.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:50 AM   #6
Les and Julie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1057
Hi Carl & Susan --- we are also in Yuma -- staying at Cocopha RV & Golf Resort -- Site 643. Will be here until end of March-how long are you staying? We look forward to meeting you.

Les & Julie
Les and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:35 PM   #7
smc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3125
Made it to Dillon tonight, will tackle the Monaida tomorrow. Snow forecast all the way to Salt Lake, but only 40%, so hopefully it holds off till we get through. Should make Yuma Fri or Sat, depending on the weather.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:12 PM   #8
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Dick and Toni are here for a few more weeks (until the Quartzite gathering?). Pam and Ray are here until Sunday and I think we are leaving at the same time. We are in spaces 57 and 58 if you come by.

SMC: we hope to see you arrive Saturday (if not before).

Les and Julie: we hope to make it by in the next few days, but if you get bored, you know where to find us.

Carl (and Susan) Youngren

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:31 PM   #9
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Wow! Already enjoying the warmer weather! Dick the snow you left here is just about all gone! Keep on enjoying and we'll hope to catch up with you in a couple of weeks.

Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 02:01 AM   #10
smc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3125
Made it to Beaver, Utah last night. The Monida was snow packed and icy. Finally used our 4 wheel drive. Salt Lake was horrible, lots of snow, poor visibility, and the usual construction. Felt sorry for those pulling rigs. The only saving grace was it was wet and not icy. See there was snow here last night, hope the roads are good thr rest of the way. Anyone travelling this route, watch as they had more snow in Salt Lake last night. On the news last night, they said they had up to 9" in some parts. Glad that is behind us.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:42 AM   #11
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Alright! good job there, I'm taking notes for my next Mini Rally. I think you got it down to a science.
You guys take care and enjoy the upcoming Quartzite meet. Wish we could have spent more time together.
Susan, Sue sold her first peyote bracelet, a lady in a big class A at Baudry took it off her wrist and told Sue, she had to have it. Sue looked at me and I shrugged my shoulders, told her it was up to her. She made another the next day.
It was the one with all the waving flags on it.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 05:58 AM   #12
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Way to go Sue!
Happy trails..................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 01:37 PM   #13
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Joy and I are still in yuma, well I am out to sea intill the 14th but Joy is always there. We sure like to meet up with you guys.
Mel
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:07 AM   #14
smc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3125
We made it! Horrible trip. Blowing snow and ice from Beaver, Utah right to St. George. Had the truck in 4 wheel drive the whole way. Witnessed a vehicle going in the ditch, and another couple already there. Some people just can't seem to slow down. When the truckers have slowed down to 45 mph it means slow down! It is sure nice to be back. Met up with the group here, safe travels today. Today we will have to wash the truck as it looks horrible, getting all kinds of comments from our neighboors. Maybe the Mexican washers will be in the park today! I hope!
Old 01-09-2007, 01:44 PM   #15
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Looks like Mel and I will be leaving for Quartzsite on the 19th. Anyone else in the Yuma Area going up then? Maybe we could have us a convoy? lol. After Quartzsite if any of you guys are still here we definitely need to have a "few?" get togethers! We have been so busy trying to get the pool up and going, we haven't taken any time to go visiting. But we need to change that and meet up with some of you guys that are staying down here.

Joy
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote