Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-28-2005, 09:33 AM   #1
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Faucet Leaking

Is anyone having problems with there faucet leaking water while the pump and water is shut off?

campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 09:38 AM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
campbud,

Not particularly, but you might want to check for lime and mineral deposits in and around the faucet in question. Seems to me that we had this problem on prior unit and that was the bad guy. From all the funny water we encounter. We are going to water filters in the future cause of this.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 10:07 AM   #3
Clyde n Deb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3477
Bob and Kathy:

We have the same year/model as you. I assume you mean the galley faucet dripping on the countertop when you've got the sinks covered? We were perturbed about this when we first got our unit, but came to realize it's normal I think if that's acceptable. We had a new faucet put in for other reasons and it does the same thing. I noticed in a couple of other new units that were in stock at the dealer ehibited the same problem. Vibration when moving causes most of it I think. Don't know that there's a cure, I always forget to try and relieve the pressure after turning off the pump before we move on. It may be siphoning to a degree as well. Our old motor home did this too, just wasn't as noticable.
Clyde n Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 11:31 AM   #4
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
If you open the lavatory and kitchen faucets for just a couple of seconds after you disconnect the city water (and with the pump off), that should relieve any residual pressure in the lines. Of course, if you turn the pump on anytime later, it will repressurize the line and faucet. May be more effort than it is worth.

Best,
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 11:41 AM   #5
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
I jump in here only because we also have the model 2955RL, but ours is a three year old (2002) and with over 37,000 miles of travel.

Happy to say, we have never had a problem with plumbing leaks (or, gratefully, with any other kind of leaks). Hope you find what's causing yours.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 02:57 PM   #6
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
The dealer told us today that water is left up there b/c of the shape...I just never had this happen with our other fifthwheel and it had a similar faucet...I will try to remember to open the faucet when we shut off the pump and see if that works. Thanks everyone!
Old 09-28-2005, 05:16 PM   #7
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Before we go anywhere, I take a placemat made of that rubber stuff (CW) and lay it under the fauceT (on the counter). Then I put a towel down on that. Don't have any problems. Of course everything that is in the Monty is anchored down with that industrial velcro. I got it through Carol Wright I think. I bought 3 boxes and believe me that stuff doesn't move. Will hold down the printer and computer on the desk even. But of course I don't leave the computer there. I take that into the truck with me. Everything else stays put. NO PROBLEMS HERE.
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 03:56 PM   #8
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
We found we had two screens, so we took one out and so far no more water coming out when the pump is off/or when we are moving!