Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2005, 06:17 AM   #1
BlackLab
Established Member

M.O.C. #2305
TV,s LR/BR

3295RL We are currently hooked up to cable at the CG. The living room TV gives us available channels from 28-99. The bedroom TV gives us channels 2-27. The problem being, we can not get any one of the TV,s to give us the complete channel line up 2-99. I have a dvd/vhs installed on the living room TV strictly in and out. I have checked all cable connections, did the add channels from the menu section on both TV,s to no avail. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

BlackLab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 07:13 AM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We have the same Montana you have. Our tv's have an option on the menu to say we're on cable or antenna. If we don't have it set for cable we get only the 2-27 channels or thereabouts. We have to have it do the channel search after making this change. Does yours have that same setup option? We also have a dvd/vhs unit above the TV in the living room. To watch tv through that player it has to be set on VHS. It also has to be set to cable and do a channel search.

I'm not sure if any of this relates to your problem but thought I'd toss it out, just in case.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 01:30 AM   #3
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
Is the button pushed on the antenna booster and the light lit? If it is then the cable signal is being bypassed in favor of antenna signal. Quick check this then go into the tv's menu to make sure that cable is selected for signal type. If You change anything do the auto channel search again, this should give You the rest of the channels.

If You have a VCR attached then the same thing must be done for it so it can tune in the available channels.

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 06:27 AM   #4
BlackLab
Established Member

M.O.C. #2305
Steve/John
Thank you for your replys and suggestions. Both TVs are now in sync 2-125 on both. LOL Went thru the setups again paying more attention to what I was doing. Apparently I had the wrong zip code on the living room TV and TV vice CATV on the bedroom TV. Thanks again

Rich
BlackLab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 01:01 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Glad to hear you got it working, Rich. By the way, the zip code shouldn't matter unless you want it to download the channel listing for the guide while on cable. We entered the zip code 2 1/2 years ago and the same one has been in there ever since and we've been all over this country in that time. The setup will get you, though, as you found out! (Us, too.)

By the way, on our living room tv we have to tell it there is NOT a vcr attached or it won't work right. There is a vcr attached, it just doesn't know it.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote