Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2017, 04:27 AM   #1
Wheelhouse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11462
Checking out Cal Am resorts

Got the 3 month special during the Chandler rally and decided to check out the resorts. The flier said enjoy the ammenities for $995 for a 3 month stay at the resorts, up to 3 resorts. The only thing they neglected to mention on the brochure was that you have to pay for electricity use and at one so far you have to pay for trash service and sewer???? I found that to be a little misleading. I called corporate about the misleading ad and they said I was the only one to complain about it. Not true, many people I spoke to using the flier were also shocked, just didn't call. The resorts said nothing they could do and gave me corporate number where they said, they would note it in the next flier, with no concessions to the present flier error.
The resorts are clean and the staff have been friendly with activities planned. October through December is a little quiet until the Snowbirds start flocking south for the winter, but we found the crowds minimal for attractions which made it less crazy for traffic. I imagine it will get pretty crazy later in the Snowbird season here in Arizona.
We stayed in Tucson 3 weeks, now here in Gold Canyon 3 weeks and heading to Mesa Regal for 3 weeks,, then heading home to Santa Cruz for Christmas and New Years with the grand kids, then who knows where, lol. If the flier is available next year, we may do it again. Lots of friendly people at the resorts.
It started out and then the rest of the trip.

Wheelhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 08:31 AM   #2
Charli
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14048
Was there no fine print on the flier? If not, that is truly false advertising as opposed to the usual misleading advertising.
Many resorts will do the 3 months for the price of one month to fill up the resort before the busy season starting Jan 1. Its common practice that if you book for a month or more then electricity is extra and have noticed that some also have charges for garbage. A bit of a rip off in my opinion but these large corporate owned RV Parks don't care.
Nice to be able to take advantage of the 3 for 1 deal and not be limited to one location although I don't want to be in Arizona in October. Too hot for me.
Charli is offline   Reply With Quote