Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2007, 03:07 PM   #1
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Dump valve ?

OK! today I repaired my gray tank and put it back in. When I went to install the valves they had a arrow on them and you know I had not looked when I took them out. soooo does the arrow go with the water flow are face the tank. there is no difference that I can see so I have them in with flow. lord I hope they hold like they are. I do not want to take them back out. thanks all. bobby

scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 03:17 PM   #2
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
Arrow?? I suppose your logic is good. I have replaced my Galley valve with a cable actuated version to allow operation when the slide is out and its been good since (2 years). Do not recall any arrows but if there were some would have done as you did...point towards direction of flow.
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 04:09 PM   #3
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
noneck (why you took this handle, I'll never know), how did you mount the cable actuated valve? I, too, hate crawling under the slide to dump the galley tank.

When we were at the factory, taking the tour, I suggested that the plumbing be moved just a foot (that's a mere 12 inches) so that one wouldn't have to deal with a stooped back...my suggestions were filed in the round cabinet...
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 04:31 PM   #4
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
That sounds like a good idea, noneck. I'd like to see it too. I use an extra rod like the one that pulls the awning down with to push and pull the drain handle from outside so that I dont have to crawl underneath anymore. Learned that one from Glenn at a rally. - Jim
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 05:39 PM   #5
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Thanks noneck I need to replace my galley valve. It is hard to get to. I like the cable type. I just seen the arrows and didnt no. They are bristol valves. bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:28 AM   #6
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Not a big deal installing other than;
1)Drop the belly pans, I had to drop 2 to expose this valve
2)Dealing with that lingering drip of smelly stuff
3)Top bolts are a pain to work with next the the tank
4)Really have to pay attention to gate valve seals not getting pushed out of seat
-They are symmetrical hence my comment on the arrow previously
5)Routed cable inward to allow open sweep (no kinks) to frame rail
6)Bored a hole as close to rear most point of the big slide but easily accessed when slide is out

Pic's

Ahhh, yes..."noneck" lingered from my younger sports days, now days, just glad my body parts aren't too used up. It serves as my CB handle and found it was not used by anyone on this forum My Caravan partner (Brother-in-law) uses "MadDog" for his handle so we make quite a pair running down the highway keeping tabs on each other. You won't find him on this forum as he owns SOB.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:14 AM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
In plumbing, and piping arrow is direction of flow. Congrats on a difficult job. While you are under there, don't forget to secure the wiring and hydraulic hoses.
Good job, noneck.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 07:20 AM   #8
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
Any time I had a dump valve off I drill and tap for a grease zerk on it. Shoot some grease in and it slides smooth for several years.
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:17 AM   #9
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
We have a new BS and our galley dump handle is reachable from the slot between the kitchen and entertainment slides. Just reach around the fender flair and there it is. I will have to look at a 3400 and see where they have theirs located... Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:27 AM   #10
waldo238
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7818
Quote:
quote:When we were at the factory, taking the tour, I suggested that the plumbing be moved just a foot (that's a mere 12 inches) so that one wouldn't have to deal with a stooped back...my suggestions were filed in the round cabinet...
Someone must have listened because on my 08 3000RK they did move it about a foot beyond the slide.
waldo238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:40 PM   #11
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
I think it is dependent on the location of the tank in relationship to the slide...for my model the weight has to be centered on the axles so...dump valve w/o cable has no solution.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:16 PM   #12
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by waldo238

Quote:
quote:When we were at the factory, taking the tour, I suggested that the plumbing be moved just a foot (that's a mere 12 inches) so that one wouldn't have to deal with a stooped back...my suggestions were filed in the round cabinet...
Someone must have listened because on my 08 3000RK they did move it about a foot beyond the slide.
Same with my 2007 3475....
Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 05:28 AM   #13
01RAMer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7316
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bigmurf

Any time I had a dump valve off I drill and tap for a grease zerk on it. Shoot some grease in and it slides smooth for several years.
That's a good idea! I really like that. Where exactly did you drill and put the zerk fitting? There doesn't seem to be much material where the rod goes through. Also, I assume you disassembled first, right, or is there an easy way?
01RAMer is offline   Reply With Quote